View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 02:11 PM

There are some silly people out there...

Oh jeez - some of these people selling pups in shop windows - I've seen several advertisements of JRT pups for sale.. Jack Russell spelt wrong on all but one of them!

The "breeder" who Sadie's owner bought their Shih Tzu pup from - had Shih Tzu written wrongly on the Mother's pedigree papers! (They aren't KC registered as the Dad didn't have papers) I did tell her I wouldn't have gotten her if I'd had known before they got her about the spelling!

How can people be so stupid as to not look at spellings! I wouldn't buy a pup from anyone who didn't know how to spell the breed's name properly!
beau
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2011, 02:37 PM
I agree I wouldn't either.

To me that sort of advert just screams out back yard breeder.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 02:39 PM
no exactly what you mean!! there was an ad in PAH that said "bermese mountain dog" instead of bernese.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 02:54 PM
It is quite scarey to think people are breeding dogs and they don't even know their names

Sadly the poor spelling indicates the type of person who would try and profit form their dogs
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 03:00 PM
I've lost count of the number of Boarder Collies, German Shepards, Shi*sues and the like that I've seen for sale. I could overlook a typo in a printed ad but in most it's obvious it's not just that they've hit the wrong button on the keyboard and not noticed.

Oh, and don't get me started on the "purebreads" I've seen for sale. Dogs are not baked goods!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I am the same about the fact if people cannot spell the breed name then beware.

Gosh seeing Bernese for sale like that worries me if it is a young or adult dog they are very hard to re-home and should always go back to the breeder I suppose it has not been brought from a reputable breeder in this case and if they are breeding from them I really hope all relevant health tests have been done on the parents. Look at Ollie and he comes from a reputable breeder all health tests done on parents. It worries me about any breed but Bernese particularly.

Ollie's breeder told me if she had people ring up asking for Burmese puppies she would not entertain them.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Gosh seeing Bernese for sale like that worries me if it is a young or adult dog they are very hard to re-home and should always go back to the breeder I suppose it has not been brought from a reputable breeder in this case and if they are breeding from them I really hope all relevant health tests have been done on the parents. Look at Ollie and he comes from a reputable breeder all health tests done on parents. It worries me about any breed but Bernese particularly.

Ollie's breeder told me if she had people ring up asking for Burmese puppies she would not entertain them.
well it was a litter of pups for sale, so i doubt they are reputable or done health tests etc. we do have one breeder of bernese done who is very ethical and responsible, my nana went to look at litter of pups when she was thinking of having one
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

I saw the third ever BMD the other day - the 3rd I've seen in my life - gorgeous dogs! There used to be one called Big Ben near the local park and he was so friendly and beautiful - sadly he passed away years ago - they got another one but because my parents area has gotten bad lately - they've fenced it all up properly..

Anyway back to spellings - I would never buy a pup from anyone who didn't know how to spell the dog they are bred from?

Ridiculous..any other mis-spelled breeds?
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
How can people be so stupid as to not look at spellings! I wouldn't buy a pup from anyone who didn't know how to spell the breed's name properly!
I should be a proof reader by career because i'm a bit anal when it comes to spellings and immediately pick out wrongly spelt words.

But i'm the same as you...I would never buy a dog from somebody who didnt even know how to spell the breed. I regularly look on the noticeboards of pet shops, local free ads etc and I especially hate it when they put "boarder collie"!

I just dont think it puts across a professional or knowledgable image.
joto
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2011, 04:30 PM
In my case I wouldn't buy a dog from someone who can't pronounce it either!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >