Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 07:40 PM

We have a fantastic postie!

Well, now that I've started to receive mail at the shop, I'm getting to know the postie.

Takara hates him. She launches herself at the counter with such ferocity you'd think she was about to go through it, she's barking and snapping at him, looks like she wants to tear his throat out...

And he loves her

He thinks she's fantastic!!

He keeps saying 'it's ok, I'm used to dogs me, always had them but I live in a flat now so I can't.'

And then he stands at the counter taking the dog biscuits (that are there for the dogs that come in) off the counter and feeding them to Takara.

She just doesn't understand why he's not running away!

So hopefully, Takara will calm down around the postman eventually!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 07:43 PM
What a patient bloke!

My postman said to me the other day that I should get Lennon's teeth removed - Len, bless, "takes" the post from the letterbox as it's poked through.......

Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 07:49 PM
LOL vicki,

Takara is a nightmare with the postie. I'm sure part of it was because the previous postman used to wind her up through the letter slot before he retired - leaving me with a very angry dalmatian to deal with!

The one at the shop is great, he comes in, doesn't mind the dogs at all and he said to me today, if I deliver to a house where there's a dog that snatches it, I just poke a little bit through and leave it for him to take, not like other postmen who waggle it about!'

He's great with Takara and I've had to stop him leaning over to stroke her because I was worried she would actually nip him (he's already done it a couple of times and she didn't bite, just snapped near his fingers and looked shocked when he didn't move!).
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 08:06 PM
He's obviously made of sterner stuff, hon. I bet they'll be best mates before very long......
rottalmarotts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-01-2009, 08:58 PM
One of our posties carried dog biscuits in the van The Rotts loved him and soon recognised the red van. He loved them amd they loved him albeit cupboard love
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 09:00 PM
We've got a lovely postie too. Always stops to make a fuss of Missy. She adores the fuss and the biscuit!
Takara will probably learn soon enough that he's a nice man that gives her bikkies!
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2009, 09:23 PM
That's a great postie you've got! What a lovely patient fella.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 09:58 PM
my old dog i had adored our postie, she used to have biccys in her pocket. and he if we met her when we was out, he used to try n help himself. almost ripped her pocket one day.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Great xxx We have a lovely one too who loves the dogs xxx
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2009, 03:45 PM
I have a fantastic Postie, Meghan-Rose "hurt" him when we first moved here, he was so nice and tried to make friends with her but she would have non of it. When I got the pup he delibratly befreinded her and ALWAYS makes sure the gates are shut before he goes He realy is the best Postie we have ever had..
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >