Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-09-2014, 06:27 PM

Does anyone know...

...how to put a drawer back in a chest of drawers that came out easily but will not now close even though it seemed to have gone back in OK?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Take the drawer above it out and put the other one back in first
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Take the drawer above it out and put the other one back in first
It is the top drawer...
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
It is the top drawer...
Ok,then take the one below it out. put the top one back in first,followed by the second one
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-09-2014, 06:01 AM
Actually it is the top drawer of the two drawer cupboard the other side of my bed, not a chest of drawers [I do not know why I said that?] And those drawers have specific items in that I need but do not need often, so do not often open them.

Yesterday when I opened the top drawer to get a box of wound plasters out as I had cut one of my fingers, I must have opened it a wee bit too much, although these drawers normally stop and do not come completely out. Only it did.

Right, so I took it out. Took out the bottom one, put the top one back in. Over and over again and it will not close even though it is obviously on its runners.

So I have given up. Bottom one back in as normal, and top one back in but not fully closed.

Nir is due here sometime to do the yearly patch up of the ensuite where the walls/ceilings join the outside wall [subsidence causes little gaps to appear each summer] and he had put the bdooly drawer back properly. I hope.

Or...

...you could come over and do it?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Would there be something stuck in behind the one that won't close maybe dropped down from the top one?
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Sounds really odd and very frustrating Malka. You must let us know how you get on with it.
Sorry for being no help at all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Nothing Eileen. Because when I had them both out I was able to lift the thing [no wonder my back hurts with a capital H] and all there was behind and under was dust.

The bottom drawer goes in perfectly and closes. The top one goes in but even though it is positioned on its runners, it will not close. And that is the top drawer.

Oh, and I emptied both drawers onto my bed to put the drawers back, and the top one still gets so far - almost all the way, but then seems not in the right position and will not close fully.

There is nothing stuck, the runners appear to be undamaged - so I do not know what else to do. Just hope that Nir turns up to do the yearly patch up in the ensuite, and knows how to put drawers back properly.

In the meantime I have just given up!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2014, 03:35 PM
That would drive me nuts Fingers crossed Nir can get it sorted
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Oh I am sure he will Eileen, but it will not be the end of the world if he cannot. The bottom drawer, which closes fully, has some very important papers in them, but in three fairly thin zipped leather cases, and the top box has some jars of antiseptic or similar cream/gel, which are of course closed, plus some wound plasters [my main medical first aid stuff is actually in what was a camping coolbox and which is hermetically sealed when closed].

It is more a nuisance than anything else, and utter frustration that a stupid drawer has beaten me.