Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I didn't watch it...

But my Grandad was one of 19 1 Dad, 2 mums.
Obv before child benefits etc! His Dad killed one of his wives by 'accident', went on to find another wife to look after his kids and have even more!!
Sorry that made me chuckle
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Helen, if you receive tax credits and your circumstances have changed you need to tell them now or may end up having to pay loads back, if the payments haven't been adjusted.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:21 PM
So is it 'good benefits' and 'bad benefits' now?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
As far as I could make out both families supported themselves and their kids, not the welfare system. I see no harm or controversy in that.
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
looks like it
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
No, it's deserved and quite frankly, NOT deserved, IMO.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Helen, if you receive tax credits and your circumstances have changed you need to tell them now or may end up having to pay loads back, if the payments haven't been adjusted.
Yes I know and they do know and have been informed all the way. I am in constant contact with them and tell them everything.

As far as I am aware, they don't expect you to pay it all back, they just adjust the following year's payments.

Helen
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
No, it's deserved and quite frankly, NOT deserved, IMO.
So we make the children who never asked to be born pay the price then.by making them live in further poverty, cos someone said they don't deserve it
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:40 PM
So we make the children who never asked to be born pay the price then.by making them live in further poverty, cos someone said they don't deserve it
No, we stop paying out child benefit after the second child now. If you want any more than that now, you pay for them yourself. That would dramatically reduce the number of children = benefits and a council a house thing that's going on!

You're not going to make me fell guilty either. If it was up to me, people would have to prove they are stable enough to bring children in to the world as there are too many poor excuses for parents and it's ultimately the child who suffers, such as this case up here at the moment:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-16527088

I was the result of a 16 year old mother in a rough part of the west of Scotland. Thankfully I had enough common sense and morals NOT to go down the same road as my mother. It must be a bloody miracle though, I can tell you.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:41 PM
No it's making parents take responsibility for their actions! If the incentives weren't there it wouldn't happen.

And no it's not good benefits and bad benefits. If benefits are used in the correct manner, for the correct reasons they are a fantastic thing, however as one who is tarred with the 'benefits brush' because of waster, scroungers and system players I get really p'd off at those who have one innocent child after another to make sure they dont have to work and the state provides everything for them!!

As I said, if you want a large family, great! Pay for them!! Obviously if someones circumstances changed (ie loss of job, divorce etc, different matter, they didn't choose to have the children whilst on benefits) then that's a different kettle of fish.

And now I'm out of this discussion.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
No it's making parents take responsibility for their actions! If the incentives weren't there it wouldn't happen.

And no it's not good benefits and bad benefits. If benefits are used in the correct manner, for the correct reasons they are a fantastic thing, however as one who is tarred with the 'benefits brush' because of waster, scroungers and system players I get really p'd off at those who have one innocent child after another to make sure they dont have to work and the state provides everything for them!!

As I said, if you want a large family, great! Pay for them!! Obviously if someones circumstances changed (ie loss of job, divorce etc, different matter, they didn't choose to have the children whilst on benefits) then that's a different kettle of fish.

And now I'm out of this discussion.
Absolutely agree, 100%. No more to add to that!
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »