Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Some lovely stuff on this thread

Heres a few more things of mine

Some bag holders, the huge one is for the kitchen and the small one with decorative stitching I have made for my mother to take to work with her.

The quilt I made for my sister, some of the squares aren't quite lined up but it's better than the other 2 I have done so hopefully my next 2 will be even better

And my basket liner
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 03:04 PM
And just because I think they are pretty, some jar covers I have made for homemade jam

Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Lovely quilt - I like the pretty stitchng down the edge too
I've been making quilts for about 2 years now & mine still don't always line up properly, but they get better with time & hardly noticeable. A rotary cutter & self healing mat it great for cutting fabric accurately. I made Tilly a a new patchwork bed yesterday & was a bit slap dash with my cutting & measuring - regretted it afterwards when the shapes didn't line up! I think it takes mote time measuring & cutting then it does sewing up!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 09:24 PM
I enjoy making things too, finished this little baby jacket for a friend today , I used to make my daughters party dresses when she was little and now make things for my new babies , my hounds lol ! They both have 2 knitted sweaters , snoods , personalised blankets , xmas hats and collars and I am in process of trying to master making martingale hound collars and matching leads .

dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Haven't got them on my photobucket still (and can't be bothered to re-upload them) but I went through a sock monkey phase last year (and now have to make millions of the things for my mother's associated friends), made loads of cushion covers for the sofas, cross stitch occasionally when I find the patience (although the picture I have on the go at the moment I've been dipping in and out of for over a decade) and keep meaning to try to make a coat for the dog with some spare fabric I've got around the place.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Suzie!!! Them corsets are fantastic!!

I used to be in a knitting club in primary - I forgot how to knit though - we used to make blankets for orphans in Africa.

I did make a pillow cover once - it had a hedgehog on one side - using Hessian and bits of fabric to make the spikes and then I used a super sewing machine that I chose a picture and it sewed it for me on the other - it was my Nan's Christmas present and she still has the pillow on her bed

I have done pictures before and instead of pencil I'd use fabric to make up the picture..I really enjoyed that I should get back into it!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 11:51 AM
My biggest project yet, a patchwork duvet cover and matching pillow cases, it's taken me 3 1/2 days, and I've stayed up to 3 am but it's finished

Working out the pattern was the hardest part, took me ages trying to find a way I could use the fabrics I had, then when it was finished I decided I didn't like the central colours so had to unpick it and do re do.
The pillow cases were easy though, I really like working with the smaller squares.

Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 05:39 PM
some lovely stuff on here folks!
Krylr; I really like the pink bag.

Have made Roman Blinds, cushions etc too.
Now this^ is something I want to make soon. Problem is I have no idea how to work my sewing machine! and I am not sure I will get the time to hand sew them.....but I really want to make them...basically as I haven't seen any in the shops/blind companies that are what I want. To have embellishments added on to your tastes etc is also pretty expensive.

I like scrapbooking but don't have any scanned pages on here to show you yet.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I threw together a couple of patchwork pillows today, they are mostly for Cooper to play with as he killed his other 2 pillows.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Wow!! I am so impressed with all the things shown here

I have a sewing machine, it makes a lovely ornament I was bought it for Christmas a few years back and I have no idea how to really use it. Have knocked up some dolls clothes, but that's it. Have no idea how to follow patterns or anything, would really love to learn though.

I make my own cards, that's about it
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >