View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Been there done that---several times in fact!

Happens to loads of people at shows. You just have to carry on and eventually the nerves get better and the dogs get more confident.

Well done on getting into the ring. That is not easy in itself! Nothing like any other dog activity I have done, much more lonely and no direction from anyone except yourself.

rune
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Glad you are not being as hard on yourself as you were yesterday I was coming on here to slap you if you were

I didn't see Molly in the ring too busy running about like a blue bottomed fly!!!

As I said it's taken ages to get me relaxed and confident in the ring never mind Zymi but it does come.

Hope you can manage the demo at Dundee that will give you experince of performing in public.

Hang in there
I know, I was a nightmare on Sunday, but I was so embarrassed at first I nearly went home!

You certainly were a busy bee at the weekend - that Heather's a slave driver. What with that and teaching Zymo bad manners.

It was lovely to see you and Zymo again at the weekend. When are you going to post your success? Unless I have missed the post, of course, which is possible!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Mine shows me up any time he has an audience He delights in making people laugh and knows exactly how to do it. And does he care that I stand there red faced while he cavorts around with a huge grin on his face doing anything but what he should be? Does he heck!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Nerves, being in a new environment etc probably had a lot to do with it. I'm sure next time you'll both do better
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Been there done that---several times in fact!

Happens to loads of people at shows. You just have to carry on and eventually the nerves get better and the dogs get more confident.

Well done on getting into the ring. That is not easy in itself! Nothing like any other dog activity I have done, much more lonely and no direction from anyone except yourself.

rune
Phew, I really and glad it's not just me then! Honestly, I REALLY am! I was all for giving up completely and going home on Sunday but I'm so glad I stayed and watched for the rest of the show, it was great and the company was lovely.

I let Molly lie on her cushion for the rest of the show and she munched, quite happily, on a rice bone that Anne kindly gave her.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2