Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kep127
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2012, 01:24 PM

Dog on the bed or not?

Now my little Patchy is very fond of cuddles and sleeping with mummy but unfortunatley my partner HATES it, so we have an agreement that cuddles on my settee are allowed but not on the bed but once the boyf leaves for work or isn't in for any reason mr patch always comes for a sneaky cuddle with mummy hehe but if the boyf catches patch he plays blue murder as if patch has committed a crime is it really that bad hmmmmm?

SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 01:31 PM
It depends.
I didn't want the dogs on the bed, but the OH likes it. Then when the OH went into the Army, I'd just moved into our house on my own and having the dogs on the bed helped me feel a bit less alone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Easily solved. Don't let boyfriend catch him in the act. If he does and kicks off - out he goes (boyfriend, not the dog, of course )
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 01:34 PM
i hate it, phoebe has never been on my bed let alone slept in it, thankfully my hubby agrees with me. but im very much an each to their own kind of person
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 01:37 PM
My dogs sleep IN my bed
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 01:38 PM
My terrier does occasionally, but she is 3kgs and doesn't shed or smell.

My other two, no way. I don't want to imagine the results of my Lab sleeping on my bed!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 01:38 PM
If I wanted to share my bed with something that snores, scratches, stretches, yawns and occasionally farts I would share my bed with a human.

I like my bed and bedroom NOT to smell of dog or have dog hair on it.

But some people love it.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Patch is gorgeous

Personally, Molly is in the bed with me most nights, even when my OH is here. We're moving into our own place in August & have talked about getting another dog at some point, though so if we got a 2nd dog, both of them would sleep downstairs.

With regards to your OH not liking it & getting angry, I would say that you should stop bringing him into your bed As much as it sucks, it is really unfair on Patch to give him mixed signals & to let him get shouted at just because you want to cuddle in bed. If you and your OH have made an agreement you really need to honour that or make a new agreement. Perhaps arrange it so that Patch can sleep on your bed but only on a special quilt so that he can't get the bed messy?
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
It's a no from me, the dogs are not allowed upstairs at all.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Dogs IN the bed here! Lol. They make good hot water bottles! To be fair, they will sleep on the floor in their own beds for most of the night.

Helen
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »