Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 03:06 PM

I'm getting 2 more dogs this weekend...

A friend of OH and mine, applied for a new keepering job, had his interview, was offered the job, signed contracts etc etc. Last thursday, a week before he and his family were due to move, he received a letter saying he hadn't got the job blah blah blah.

He is now technically homeless, jobless, the kids don't have schools, and it's just a huge mess. They are fortunatly able to move in with his wifes parents, and he had another trade before becoming a keeper. Because his wifes father is a keeper, he has kennels, so they can keep the majority of their dogs, but have asked us if we'll have 2 of their spaniels.

We've said yes, so will be welcoming Lucy (B&W springer) and Casper (L&W springer) into the pack! I'm lucky enough to have known these dogs for 2 years, so know what they like, don't like and how they work! I'm quite excited, but also worrying, 3 springers and a springer cocker cross, what have I let myself in for!!

Will post piccies when they've settled and I've got broadband again!!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Oh dear, sounds awful for the family
Good job they have you for their doggies, I bet you are very excited.
Hope all goes well with the new additions, Are they with you short term or long term? Cant wait to see piccies.
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Sounds like double the fun to me but of course I would say that...
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 03:26 PM
They will be with me for the forseeable future, he says he's giving up keepering, but we'll wait and see!

I am excited, but I know what a handful mine are, and what these 2 can be like, I've looked after all his dogs befdore whilst they've gone away!

I'm just glad we are in a position to help, they'd struggle to find somewhere for them to go, as they are older than what most people I know would want to take on and work!!
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Thought you were posting to offer to take them,Charlie ,-as 19 is a much nicer number than 17-only joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an awful situation for the family to be in
You are very kind to help-hope all goes well for all of you
Keep us all updated on how things go and look forward to seeing your photos
Maureen
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Hope everything works out for your friends and you with two new dogs into the pack, looks like a lovely place where you are and perfect for the dogs, look forward to seeing photos too
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Ha blooming ha Maureen.I stopped offering a while ago,it's having them foisted on me that's happening now!The crunch has come for the schnauzer and the yorkie's family today.Homes have been offered for the two dogs so the owners' have until the weekend to decide what they want to do.
I also now have an approximate departure date for my house guests of the middle of June so that's another 6 gone (plus cats and human)
I think a rather loud WHOOPEE is in order!

With you on the 'good on you' to Misty pup - the world is in need of brave people like you!
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Ha blooming ha Maureen.I stopped offering a while ago,it's having them foisted on me that's happening now!The crunch has come for the schnauzer and the yorkie's family today.Homes have been offered for the two dogs so the owners' have until the weekend to decide what they want to do.
I also now have an approximate departure date for my house guests of the middle of June so that's another 6 gone (plus cats and human)
None of those 8 dogs are included in the '17' but still....
I think a rather loud WHOOPEE is in order!

With you on the 'good on you' to Misty pup - the world is in need of brave people like you!
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2011, 05:45 PM
WHOOPEE

Maureen