Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
The ability to use your pets to get on the TV?
It would have given a far better message for Joe Public NOT to see an in season bitch out and about, even if she had taken one dog on and said she had to leave her other dog because she was in season

imo it is v irresponsible
There is a whole lot of waiting around for these type of shows, so she would have to have been on full alert the whole day that no dogs got loose, she also had to make sure when she went to the loo, or to get some food or whatever that whoever was with her was just as alert as she was
Having been in this situation (BGT) - it is not something I would honestly see as a problem.

I do feel a huge thing is being made of something that is really not that big a deal.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
there are other dogs in that waiting area , if i`d have been there myself with my castrated male i`d have been telling her to get lost and caused a massive stink because of how upset he would have been being able to smell her. my other problem being she blatently advertised on national tv that it`s okay to go out and about with your in season bitches whether her dog we`re actually in season remains to be seen! sorry you can`t see my reasoning.
i can-ish but imo i think u are being a tad ott.

honestly do think it was a joke,
her bitch was being over friendly to him and she made a joke about it! talk about everyone overreacting
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 11:17 PM
well I personally find it disgusting that so many people see no problem with it - I didnt see the act - and am commenting on the general situation..
Nothing OTT when you are talking about being a responsible dog owner, and doing the right thing by other owners..
Dooley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2011, 11:20 PM
problem is had she just been a nobody this would have been picked up on straight away just as it we`re [different situation] i believe last year when tina went on with chandi whose leg were bandaged up at the time , i watched a huge debate unfold elsewhere , some saying she shouldn`t have been put through it as she we`re an old dog with poorly leg blah blah blah and whilst i am inclined to agree she deserved to be in front of the fire enjoying retirement it`s nowhere near as worse as going on there announcing to the world your bitch is in season whether it be a joke or not.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-04-2011, 11:30 PM
On the other hand the dude in the orange hoodie had a wonderful voice don't you think...
Dooley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
On the other hand the dude in the orange hoodie had a wonderful voice don't you think...
he we`re brilliant , loved him.
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Many people show bitches in season, it is not banned by the Kennel Club. Many people work their dogs in Schutzhund when their bitches are in season, when the majority of the others are entire males.

The males still work, are not driven mad, it is expected.
Is schutzhund the same in the uk as I have seen in Ireland that yes it is ok for in season bitches to work but that they go last and are not paired with a male?

Also that whilst watching a BH trial anything that may be distracting is removed i.e 6 month old pups that might just bark and put off dogs.

Thats what happened when I saw it anyway.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Rarely watch the show, but did tonight as bored. Was just as bored when I watched it to be honest - bit like watching paint dry, but did like the dog routine. Seen Donelda Guy a few times on TV. Never warmed to her, but the routine tonight was good.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 04:18 AM
Is schutzhund the same in the uk as I have seen in Ireland that yes it is ok for in season bitches to work but that they go last and are not paired with a male?

Yes that is the case (in obedience where pairing is required) but of course the bitch can be smelled by all the males when they are tracking and doing protection as well.

Also that whilst watching a BH trial anything that may be distracting is removed i.e 6 month old pups that might just bark and put off dogs.

Er no, as part of the BH is to test the dog under distraction eg how they behave in traffic, a crowd, in isolation from the owner, when a stooge dog is used,it would be pointless!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 04:23 AM
There is a whole lot of waiting around for these type of shows, so she would have to have been on full alert the whole day that no dogs got loose, she also had to make sure when she went to the loo, or to get some food or whatever that whoever was with her was just as alert as she was

So if you attended with a dog that was not in season, you would not be on alert for any loose dogs?

Nor would a helper be as alert?

Did it not occur to you that she may have brought cages etc?

There is a whole lotta waiting in any show you attend, the fact that this was a tv show is no different!
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >