Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Beautiful creature. Why anyone would want to kill them is beyond me.
If you did some research you would se why, but I guess you wouldnt want to understand anyway. Remember the league against cruel sports and what they did to their Red Deer? Of course if we did as you wanted, and left them, maybe the disease and starvation that resulted in their deaths (and the fact the LACS killed them, strangeld them etc..) would mean the demise of many of our managed herds. Would that be ok because we left them to it?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
If you did some research you would se why, but I guess you wouldnt want to understand anyway. Remember the league against cruel sports and what they did to their Red Deer? Of course if we did as you wanted, and left them, maybe the disease and starvation that resulted in their deaths (and the fact the LACS killed them, strangeld them etc..) would mean the demise of many of our managed herds. Would that be ok because we left them to it?
We could argue this all day Dawn. You like killing animals for sport, I don't. Let's just leave it at that eh.
beattie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Deer are beautiful creatures and this stag was stunning. To think he is now dead really upset me, we all have different opinions on this topic, but I just think it is so sad.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 05:18 PM
My problem is with the word sport.....if it is good husbandry to cull deer and it is their best interest then so be it. But it is when it is carried out as sport, done for pleasure and the end result is some ego busting day out for wee men with big guns.......then I have a huge problem!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
We could argue this all day Dawn. You like killing animals for sport, I don't. Let's just leave it at that eh.
Nope, I like managing animals in the correct manner to sustain a healthy population, you "think" they should be left to do it themsleves, watch the vidoe, those are the people who also told us they should be "self managed" Good innit?!!
Stormpants
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Nope, I like managing animals in the correct manner to sustain a healthy population, you "think" they should be left to do it themsleves, watch the vidoe, those are the people who also told us they should be "self managed" Good innit?!!
I think the same about humans to be honest.

Yes, all the natural predators of these animals have been wiped out by us. So they do need some kind of humane culling. But it certainly should not be carried out in the name of sport, or for some kind of trophy!
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Stormpants View Post

Yes, all the natural predators of these animals have been wiped out by us. So they do need some kind of humane culling. But it certainly should not be carried out in the name of sport, or for some kind of trophy!
well said i couldnt agree more!

if trophy hunting is an acceptable part of deer management then it gives it a very bad name!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
My problem is with the word sport.....if it is good husbandry to cull deer and it is their best interest then so be it. But it is when it is carried out as sport, done for pleasure and the end result is some ego busting day out for wee men with big guns.......then I have a huge problem!
Oh how I agree.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
well said i couldnt agree more!

if trophy hunting is an acceptable part of deer management then it gives it a very bad name!
Is it? Who said it was "trophy" hunted? pPease provide proof of your claims.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Stormpants View Post

Oh---I could cull a few humans for sport---on behalf of the animals they cull for sport!

rune
Page 8 of 51 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »