Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Poor dogs... So many Inuits on that site... and wolf dog crosses. There cant be that many knowledgable homes waiting out there...
and there are people saying.. theres a market for them so why shouldnt they be bred!!!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
and there are people saying.. theres a market for them so why shouldnt they be bred!!!

Yup..sadly I think they are going to be the next big thing
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Yup..sadly I think they are going to be the next big thing
The next? I think they are already there.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Not here (yet) they arent. I only know of 2 in the village, and havent seen that many out and about. We are slow to catch on here (still got staffies and their x's galore!)
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Just doing a simple google search shows you how many are about.

They seem to have dropped quite a lot in price for the most part. I wonder if people just can't sell? There are a few older pups left over as well.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:05 PM
I think this dig is at me. There is certainly a market out there, I have had five of these dogs. I chose to put my hand in my pocket and buy these dogs, I could've bought any breed, I chose these dogs, breed or non breed . I do believe breeders should be more responsible in finding appropriate homes and I never commented on the numbers being bred. I strongly believe a lot is down to the breeders and whether they sell to the right people, keep in contact as the pups grow and whether they are willing to take a dog back if things don't work out. Of course some people may seem ideal but are not.
There are lots and lots of Huskies in welfare, so much so that the rescues had to shut their doors, does this mean they should not be bred?

There are such issues in most breeds, I imagine, not just isolated to 'these dogs'.

Rubster, I am guessing Sasi's mum has already been sold. I have noticed over the weeks dad's price keeps dropping. I really hope he finds a decent home soon.

Razcox, keep us posted if the NIS can help this lovely girl xxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 09:39 PM
no werewolf it was not a dig at you!.

...sadly it seems to me, most n.i's seem to be bought with the sole attention of breeding from,how many 'newbies' of these types buy them to breed?(rather than as a companion}..most are new to the type and breed with their first dog no matter what it turns out like,these types then sell them to more people to do the same....and then the ones bred from sold,and the cycle starts again.

eta...ww,u know i love your Thunder (and the rest of your pack as i love my Kia.... i still think the very people that are meant to be the 'safe guarders' of the type are the ones letting them down.they dont seem to be much of a role model or mentor.

and yes,the husky problem is breaking my heart... 15 years ago,it was a hard job to convince a breeder you could share your life with them,let alone get one from a pet shop!!

n.i's haven't been around for even a half of the time sibes have here..and seem to be in an awful state its so sad.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks Tupac, I am in a difficult position in that I adore the dogs but not what goes on in 'some' quarters. I also believe that money is a huge motivation to breed for numerous breeders. Unfortunately at £800 , now the standard price for a 'reg' puppy , there seems no trouble selling the dogs, which of course is a double edged sword. Puppies need new homes but the breeding circle continues and new breeders jump on the 'band wagon'. IMO, people who are new to the dogs should not be encouraged to breed, I have seen lots of people have one or two litters and then 'rehome' their dogs.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I think this dig is at me. There is certainly a market out there, I have had five of these dogs. I chose to put my hand in my pocket and buy these dogs, I could've bought any breed, I chose these dogs, breed or non breed . I do believe breeders should be more responsible in finding appropriate homes and I never commented on the numbers being bred. I strongly believe a lot is down to the breeders and whether they sell to the right people, keep in contact as the pups grow and whether they are willing to take a dog back if things don't work out. Of course some people may seem ideal but are not.
There are lots and lots of Huskies in welfare, so much so that the rescues had to shut their doors, does this mean they should not be bred?

There are such issues in most breeds, I imagine, not just isolated to 'these dogs'.

Rubster, I am guessing Sasi's mum has already been sold. I have noticed over the weeks dad's price keeps dropping. I really hope he finds a decent home soon.

Razcox, keep us posted if the NIS can help this lovely girl xxx
I feel the same way WW. I love this 'breed' of dog. Although I realise the health risks that come with them due to 'bad breeding ethics' which was the case with my princess bless her
I now have an NI bitch, but as soon as shes old enough she will be getting speyed. There are too many of these dogs to be rescued to warrant any type of uneccessary breeding. I was offered an NI from a wellknown NI breeder for £300..a 7mth pup, I hadnt even seen the dog, just a picture..the way
I was 'asked' about this dog i wasnt happy with so said no thanks!
As for Sasis daddy Ive hopefully found him a new home, so everything crossed it goes to plan! Im also trying to find out what happened to Sasis mum as if theres a chance i can get her, foster her & spey her til a decent home is found, then I will!
Bev x
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 09:59 AM
classic case of... have real baby coming now..bye bye beloved(not) pet imo.
Quite ... sorry if I sound harsh, but I just read between the lines of the ad "saw Snow Dogs and wanted one like that". Totally irresponsible in every way.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >