Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 01:08 PM

Could neuticles increase theft risk?

Ok bear with me here, I know it sounds random and far fetched, but someone said something yesterday that made me think.

I was messing around with Diesel yesterday, and said, as you do that I will get him some neuticles and make him look like a real dog, and someone with me goes what about if someone steals him for breeding because of them.

Anyway I laughed, but have been thinking about this, and remember a few years ago seeing something about decreasing the risk of dog theft, and the person said to neuter/spay your dogs, as that could make dogs less valuble to theives, and to write so on their name tags, also to get them chipped and put that on their tags too, but don't put their name, and I was thinking the purpose (if you can really call it a purpose) of neuticles is to create a image of a unneutered dog, does having these in and creating that image increase the chances of a theif thinking that they are entire and thinking that they could breed from them? As even if you put 'I am neutered' on their tag, if a theif has seen a dog from behind, espcially large short haired breeds) the chances are that they would see them, as afterall isn't that the general idea?

As I sais it does sound random, but after what was said to me yesterday, and remembering the advice about how to prevent dog theift it has made me think on it (although I don't want this thread to go on neutering or not its just what I remember being said).
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I think you may have to much time on your hands lol
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 03:25 PM
NEUTICLES?!! Haha!! Love that word!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I probally have got too much time lol, but most the time when I do things its normally with animals, whether my own or someone else's so my mind wanders, and when I've been at the kennels the amount of dogs who had neutered/spayed wrote on their collars because their owners had the same advice from vets and other sources, it does make me wander.