Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 04:35 PM

Blisters in the grass!

Hi All,

Last night I took Jenzi and Zane to their training classes (Yiannis goes on a Wednesday to agility).

We train outside when it's good weather or when it's light enough outside to do so as the training starts at 7pm and finishes (the last class) at 915pm. So by about September time the later classes have to come inside.

Last night Zane was perfect and did everything properly. Jenzi on the other hand, although did everything I asked of her certainly needs more practise.

For her retrieve I used her favourite ball which she went after, picked up, threw it up in the air and it landed in the long grass at the end of the field after bouncing off her nose so I had to go wading through the grass to find it.

Since then the inside of my right ankle has been a little itchy but because of a bad night last night with my left knee I've spent most of today asleep, therefore not bothering with my ankle.

Now it's driving mer nuts. I can't stop scratching it and it's turned into little, yellow blisters. I haven't broken the skin through scratching and I'm trying desperately to not touch it.

So if anyone is out and about with their dogs and you go through long grass please be really careful. I was wearing jeans at the time so my skin wasn't exposed. There aren't any stinging nettles or any other plants come to think of it at that end of the field.

I'm at the same field tonight for agility so I'll go and take a closer look to try to see what it was that caused it but as far as I know, there are only different types of grasses there.

Laura xx