Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2006, 04:38 PM

Following the CROWs act!!!!!

Now, this isn't supposed to be a rant, and I'm sorry if it turns into one..LOL
Today, we turn up at the land, there is a group of walkers, 25+ people on the lane (single line, parts of it ust dirt land) outside our gates, two dogs OFF LEAD. Some had already crossed over the stile that goes into the other field on the other side of the lane to our land, this field is full of brood mares all expected to drop within the next month, some within two weeks. Spookshow baby said, and loud enough for the group to hear " Can you get those dogs on a lead around livestock those mares are in foal and it's against the law to cross private land with your animals like that!" Guess what??? They just went in the field, dogs RUNNING ABOUT and they didn't stick to the friggin footpath, just wandered all over the field, totally against the Countryside rights of way act.

IF PEOPLE WANT THE RIGHT TO WALK F*****G FOOTPATHS THROUGH PRIVATE LAND, THEY SHOULD FOLLOW THE BLOODY LAWS SET OUT TO PROTECT THEM AND US!

Sorry, but we have a few very valuable ponies, and if I saw someone crossing my land away from the path, who refused to control thier animal..... then god forbid the actions I would take. One of our ponies was attacked in the field by a dog once, who's owner shouted at me when I kicked it, her dog caused my daughter to break her arm, and shoulder and collar bone, and she was 5, and the pony needed stitches.

Why did these townie wannabee hiker bloody idiots think they have the right to cross private land with thier dogs doing what the hell they wanted?

It's not hard to understand, close gates behid you, stick to the footpaths and for god sake put your bloody dogs on a lead.... These animals are very very expensive, and also mean a lot to thier owners, not only that, but if they had spooked and took off, think what could happen to the mares due any time. Same goes for sheep and cows... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well, it was a rant, wasn't it???
http://www.countrysideaccess.gov.uk..._do/dog_walking

Please read, I don't want to be the landowner who has to shoot dogs because owners cannot understand the law. This is a sad fact, but even when TOLD, they don't realise, thier dogs can be shot.
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2006, 04:59 PM
And I dont blame you one bit. I have a friend who lost a mare and foal (trauma and shock), had another mare lose her foal, her calf's leg was ripped to shreds (survived) one of her dogs survived but needed thousands of dollars worth of live saving surgery and follow up procedures, the other dog was killed trying to protect the first dog....and all because some idiot took his pack of dogs with him on a 'deer hunt' and took a short cut across her land. She reported him, he was renting were he lived and so he never had to pay a penny towards the vets fees, he basically got a slap on the wrist for it.
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Do as we did. 20 odd years ago we had some valuable horses and we kept one that was a real bast*** he would chase anything out off the field except us. There were a few people that got the scare off thier life...
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2006, 05:22 PM
the pony of ours that was attacked was jusy being schooled, and had not long been broken, it has taken years to get her back on track properly, cost us a small fortune and lots of blood sweat and tears.
Katie rode her today in our top field working on her transitions, when two old lady hikers came through the path. They waited till Katie was out of the way with the pony before crosing the stile and Katie rode over and talked to them when they were in the pine woods next to our land, They obayed the CROWs act perfectly, and were considerate towards the fact we wre working on our land.

I would never like to exersize the right to shoot any dog causing distress to our livestock, but if my child and our horses are ever put in that situation again I wouldn't think twice.. (and I am a dog lover, but I'm a realist too). Problem is, I'd rather shoot the owner, as it's thier fault, a dog doesn't put itself on a lead, does it?
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Some people simply have no respect.
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Heldengebroed
Do as we did. 20 odd years ago we had some valuable horses and we kept one that was a real bast*** he would chase anything out off the field except us. There were a few people that got the scare off thier life...
LOL, we didn't have one then, but we do now!!! Our rig, Harvey, Shire X welsh, not that tall at 15hh, but very heavy, and fast, a true herd boss, He hates everyone bar us, and won't let anyone or anything near his girls...

He even chased my mum and step dad out of our field once, as he didn't recognise them (I'd not had him long), they were so scared of him, yet my daughter has ridden him through rivers, jumped him at shows and won many a time on him, even though her feet don't come past his saddle.

I'd just rather people obeyed the law, saves any hassle, and maybe the life of thier dog (if it was a less leniant land owner)
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2006, 05:41 PM
http://www.countrysideaccess.gov.uk/...do/dog_walking

I would put the CROWs act up, but the majority of it is nothing to do with dogs, mostly blocking access etc, and boring stuff for land owners to whine about.
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 05:44 PM
i know exactly what you mean we live in the country. total idiots lack of comman sense
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Honesty
Why did these townie wannabee hiker bloody idiots think they have the right to cross private land with thier dogs doing what the hell they wanted?
How'd you know they were 'townies'
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2006, 05:57 PM
They were a visiting group of "walkers", all kitted out in CLEAN hiking gear, for walking over Bishops Park..LOL, thogh thier kids had white trainers on..LOL, they didn't know the land they were about to cross was a bog. All black and peaty..YUM. On a jolly good day trip they were, and nad no respect whatsoever for the law, whereas people who live near our land would be in tatty old clothes, not have thier dogs running free through a field of expectant mares and they would have proper footware on.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >