View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2016, 12:22 PM
cat food on order, dog food ordered, cat booked in with the vet..mine is on holiday until 29 i think...they have booked me in for then but i reckon he will need to be seen before then, i think i will call back and ask to see ashling
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2016, 12:32 PM
1cd, the rent in this area is incredible and as at the moment I pay £600 per month. If I choose to move I am sure it will be a lot more even if the conditions are far better. My biggest problem is finding somewhere where they will accept Amber. My landlady has already said she will not agree to the continuance of me having a dog when Amber goes. That, then will be the time to find somewhere else.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Thank you all for the support.
Feeling better but feeling a tad militant now so had better keep that in check.
Decided against the seed sowing it is very cold out there even though the sun is shining. Tomorrow I am out meeting elaine for lunch so maybe Friday. Hoovered downstairs and tidied Dillon not much to do upstairs so will hoover there in a bit for now watching better call Saul the new series.
Hope everything is ok with Dex griff.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Afternoon all. Lovely and Sunny at times but the wind is cool. This tick thing is a worry but I am sure the vets will tell us which is the best treatment to use. Please Moyra you cannot use both advocate and frontline together and there must be a lull between using each of them. If you are really worriied then ask your vet before you do anything. I wouldn't want Amber to suffer from an overload of chemicals. I have to be careful which I use for Tyto because he is a full collie but even with some collie crosses people have to be careful. Hopefully I have both people here today for nibbles etc. Margaret my friend is well now and Sara, because of her new job can get home for 4pm as long as the trains are running on time down here. Lynn did Gorden hear about his job? Griff how is your mum faring with her job? Off now to walk Tyto before Tesco arrives. Have a good afternoon peeps.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Brenda, thanks for asking welllllllllllll she finishes friday!!! she has been going to HR for training, she says it is very boring but there is absolutely no pressure at all and there seems to be no rush to get things done, one of the men said yesterday that he thought she would fit in very well! there is just one problem..she is a grade3, the job is a grade 2 which she wasn't told about, this means she will lose £200 a month
Hope you enjoy your nibbles this afternoon
Moyra, i just read about that disease...it says you need to find a product that kills the tick quickly as the tick needs to feed for 24 hours for the animal to become infected...don't know if that will help you.
Lynn, enjoy your lunch with Elaine...say hi for me
bit worried about my mum..i didn't realise she was going to dermatology today and i text to let her know i was up..hear nothing, dad rung just now asking if i had heard and i said no...hope everything is o.k with her, i know they will be worried about her skin..most likely sent her off for photos again...might try ringing her
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Lovely day, but still a cold wind. Got everyone onto the Country Park. Mabs is off on one again and I wanted to strangle her, she got herself tangled up in hers and Keshi's leads through leaping about, then had a major fit at the window cleaner's step ladder, then it was balloons on the fence of the school Was a relief to let her offlead where she could leap around with Zen and not be a nuisance onlead.
I'll be glad when she comes into season, she is ready to explode Lots of people out with little dogs on extending leads, Zen was pretty good, she did get a bit over excited with one, I'm sure she thought it was a toy, anyhow, collected everyone together and kept them moving forward eventually. Came off the towpath back through the village, there is a house on a corner where there is a collie that goes mental at the gate when you pass, so I looked ahead and couldn't see it as we came round the corner, but it was there and nearly gave me a heart attack, everyone shot into the road, leads got tangled, nightmare Got everyone walking forward again and we got home in one piece, although my sanity was in doubt. Sun was out by then and pretty warm, Cariad and Lona went out on the field and Bad Mummy forgot the ball Everyone got a bone, cleaned up, which was so easy and quick it was like a dream. Now sat with a brew and a butty
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Whoops Mabs you crazy dog lol...fancy not taking the ball tsk tsk, i am sure they have forgiven you!!
Rung my mum..she is back at work..didn't think to call any of us?? idiot, she always rings me to check i am all right, told her she best ring my dad as well as he was worried. Rung the vet and have changed dex to seeing ash on friday, feel sorry for the poor old boy but i can't leave him like that so the tooth will have to go...i really don't want to know how much this is going to cost Lol I can see my porta mag getting further and further away...not that it is for me but for Dex and the dogs
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2016, 02:58 PM
Glad your mum is OK, Griff. Thats really bad that no one thought to tell her about the money side of the job, then again its money she isn't paying tax on or NI, so perhaps won't be that bad, its a big drop though.
I've given up with this money business, as fast as I think I'm doing OK something happens to prove me wrong. This house is determined to fall down, now the microwave is being choosy about what and when it microwaves
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Naughty mummy will have to be reported for not taking ball Silly Mabs hope she soon calms down

Hope Dex will be ok until Friday Griff. Pleased mum will be out of the nightmare on Friday but they should have told her of the reduction unless of course they are going to pay her the same (some hope)

Enjoy your get together this afternoon Brenda

Its ok 1cutedog I am now sitting down but for how long is another matter

Sun is still out but the wind was chilly whilst out walking Teazle who is now sunbathing n the conservatory
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2016, 04:07 PM
I did say, well at least you won't have the stress and worry but it is an awful lot of a loss, i think for the 6 months she will be paid the same but if she was to go for a job permanent there then it will be a reduction in wage, hopefully it is just a stop gap until something else comes up...unless they want to pay her the same in which case she will stay Lol
TW, i know what you mean about money, i never seem to have any of the damn stuff and it drives me mad having to work out who needs what and try to make sure i have enough throughout the month to cover everything, i can't remember the last time i went off and bought myself something without worrying if i could really afford it...mind, money doesn't make you happy apparently so i consider myself lucky not to have any Lol
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >