View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 10:12 PM
but the meal was taken away partly due to the dog not eating breakfast also, so even if the meals were offered and not eaten then the sam outcome would happen.
ATD x
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 10:21 PM
She made a mistake
God forbid we're human huh? At least she noticed the dog was losing weight and figured out why! Even if the why was down to a silly mistake I figure she feels bad enough without everyone jumping on her and calling her names. I've not seen any time frame given for the under feeding and while it's different for all dogs it's VERY noticeable if my dog loses more than a couple of pounds. And he can lose 7lbs in just 3 days if he's not eating enough.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 10:35 PM
None of us are perfect
Mistakes happen
At least its rectified
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
None of us are perfect
Mistakes happen
At least its rectified
My thoughts exactly
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
but the meal was taken away partly due to the dog not eating breakfast also, so even if the meals were offered and not eaten then the sam outcome would happen.
ATD x
I agree. I use my hand and eye and don't really measure the amount to feed my dogs. It is very variable depending on the season, what they are eating and how much exercise they get. If any of them are feeling a bit lean they get a bit extra if they feel like they are putting it on I cut it back slightly and increase exercise.

If the dog was sometimes missing breakfast and maintaining weight then she would probably not need to feed double the amount in one meal anyway but just increase the evening meal a bit.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2011, 05:42 AM
The biggest mistake was admitting it and posting it on here.

I feed the cat outside in the porch, Bruce has his at the back of the house in the utility room. They can both eat in peace and don't need to be supervised. The day Bruce leaves as much as a crumb I will know he is ill! Never known such a greedy dog.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:24 AM
My biggest worry is that the cat & dog were "fighting" over food, or at feeding times. That must have made it a very stressful time for both animals; no wonder the dog started to refuse breakfast!

Cats & dogs have very different feeding behaviours so if we're ging to keep both cats & dogs as pets we must allow for this & make arrangements for both species to eat as they would normally. Cats like many small meals a day (grazing) whilst dogs normally fill up completely with one or two meals a day. So just make sure that the cat's food is high up where the dog can't reach it ~ simples!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:32 AM
The dog would be better off having 2 meals per day to avoid the risk of bloat. It seems a shame to run that risk simply to avoid having to supervise the morning meal. Can't you feed them separately or re-arrange your time so you can supervise them?
TeamSpaniel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:59 AM
I am new to this forum....and although I have had some great advice.....after reading thus....I don't think I would EVER. Post if I'd made a mistake.... Attacking this person isn't helping! I'm sure they already feel bad enough....that is probably punishment enough!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2011, 07:59 AM
i was quite stunned at what i read.
but not due to the mistake the OP made, but why on earth they would want to post it on here!

must be a massochist!
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »