Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-01-2011, 02:11 PM

Isn't Gorden great ?

Over the last couple of days Ollie has been feeling a bit more normal, so has been following me into the kitchen when he smells something nice. Problem is we have always had lino tiles and a runner for Ollie which was not a problem for him till this problem with his legs which means he cannot rise from the floor without putting his harness on and when you have just cooked dinner and then have to put it aside to sort Ollie out it can be a bit frustrating. We shut the door when not using the kitchen but it is a bit on the small side to be shut in there when working.

This morning we have been and bought a bit of carpet for the kitchen and he has laid it already for Ollie so if he wants to lay out there he can it use to be his favourite place for sleeping. No moaning from Gorden he just said last night we will sort it in the morning for him.

I have a single memory foam mattress in the middle of the floor in the living room another quilt for muddy paws muddy paw prints all over the rugs and carpet in the lounge so as soon as they are dry out comes the hoover. No moaning from him or Michael, they are just getting on with it.

Am I lucky they are so easy going or would others have the same response ? Just to add Ollie not so good today back legs giving up slightly we will have to watch him over the next few days.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Aww bless them all Lynn, who knows how people are going to react when things go wrong, but Gorden has been a real diamond for you and Ollie hasn't he.

I nominate him for a special Dogsey Award

Sorry Ollie isn't as good today, I suppose you have come to accept that some days he isn't as good as others, but still such a worrying time for you all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-01-2011, 02:16 PM
We said yesterday in some ways him being made redundant turned out to be a good thing I could never of managed all this on my own with him being out from 7.30 most morning and not home till 6.30 most evenings and that was a good day.

I know I would of managed but I would of been a lot tireder (sp) than I am now if he hadn't been around every day.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 03:47 PM
It is great that Gordon is sorting things out for Ollie and that you're all working together to do everything you can. Am sorry Ollie is not so good today, it's very wet and damp at the moment maybe that's making him feel a bit achy. Sending big cuddle ((xx)) and hugs (x)
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Its things like this that make us realise why we love our OH's isn't it.

Well done Gorden

Fingers crossed Ollie will pick up again soon.