Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sher142
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2009, 12:38 PM

Companion Show 20 June 09 Todmorden Lancs / Yorks

We are hosting a KC licensed companion show as part of Todmorden Agricultural Society's Show on Sat 20 June 2009 at Centre Vale Park, Burnley Road, Todmorden. Five pedigree classes followed by usual novelty classes and two CDC classes. Big rosettes and big dog food sack for both best pedigree and best novelty. Junior and Adult Handling, fancy dress, handsome dog, waggy tail etc. And the proceeds are for Tia Greyhound and Lurcher Rescue.
The full schedule can be downloaded from www.todshow.org under the dog section, pre-day show tickets can be ordered on line for, I think, £4. Dog show entries are £1 per class, rosettes to 5th place in each class, lots of prizes.
Todmorden is near Burnley, Hebden Bridge, Halifax, Rochdale, Rossendale, Oldham - in fact, most places in West Yorkshire / Lancashire!!! And just down motorway from Leeds / Manchester! Come on, it's a very good cause! http://dogscando.webs.com
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Wish I was nearer, sounds like a fun day.

Good luck with your fund raising for the rescue centre
sher142
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks for your good wishes, I wish you were nearer! Take a look at Tia's website, it's heartbreaking the way these beautiful hounds are cast aside when their "usefulness" is over, as greyhounds are tattoed their original owners can be traced when they are dumped and there is a "wall of shame" that lists these irresponsible owners. All over Britain charities strive to rehome these dogs and this shouldn't happen - these dogs are not the result of accidental matings.
odenna
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2009, 06:20 AM
I will try to get to this one not far from me and tia greyhound do a great job.
thanks for posting the details
jo
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Sadly I will be working so will have to miss it. Please keep us posted about any other events like this. Especially if they are on Sundays!