View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
holl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2009, 10:01 AM
thanks again for those tips - Rufus is on a strict training regime at the moment as he's such a big boisterous boy who won't come when he's called - grrr - so as and when we're back up and running so to speak would love to meet up for a walk
MyBoyz
New Member!
Female 

22-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi Holl,

We have 2 lurchers who HAVE to chase and run, 1 of ours we let off, but the other we put onto a cord(like a bungey) from the car so can stretch out a bit and sniff-anyway, we live in Horsham and they go daily to LeechPool woods, no enclosed area,not for dogs anyway, but lots of understanding friendly owners, I know what you mean about 'proper' dog walkers too! There is also a place called RoostHole which is great-id Google these if i were you, and hope you have a SatNav! good luck-you'll love it-xx
Suejaw
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2009, 01:41 PM
There is a lovely walk on the south downs, well most of them are where ever you go. But i found from doing my trailwalker walks that by going to the car park just before Storrington on the east side you can do a lovely walk(need a map) along part of the south downs and then into Burpham(lovely pub there) and then do a loop back up as well.

How about the beach? The Witterings(near chichester) are my favourite and providing its not the summer months its a great expanse to walk a dog on, especially at low tide.

I'm always looking for new people to walk with, even though i often walk that way i am a good 45 mins away.
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by MyBoyz View Post
Hi Holl,

We have 2 lurchers who HAVE to chase and run, 1 of ours we let off, but the other we put onto a cord(like a bungey) from the car so can stretch out a bit and sniff-anyway, we live in Horsham and they go daily to LeechPool woods, no enclosed area,not for dogs anyway, but lots of understanding friendly owners, I know what you mean about 'proper' dog walkers too! There is also a place called RoostHole which is great-id Google these if i were you, and hope you have a SatNav! good luck-you'll love it-xx

Have you tried Chesworth farm, it's the other side of town and is almost fully enclosed.
I have a website for dog people in the Horsham area with loads of walks but I don't think I'm allowed to put it up yet
Boxer Boy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2009, 06:51 AM
You could try Ipping Common which is just down the road from you, or look on the map for Diddling and walk up the Downs starting from the church, very isolated with little chance of seeing other people.

There are so many books available describing walks in West Sussex, we are really spoilt for choice.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2