Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2008, 11:03 AM

Day 1 of Puppy Ownership...and beyond, the Diary of Tara the IWH

Well, we had a lovely first night, no crying...I decided that if I am to have a well rounded and intelliegent Wolfie girl then perhaps Radio 4 would an ideal station to have on overnight for her to listen to, nice balance of politics and current affairs with a bit of nature thrown in

Came down to her sleeping on a puppy pad, surrounded by her soft toys she had collected, the lovely bed unslept in...very odd creature...

We had a little wee on the pads overnight, and a poo, so started clearing and of course Tara instisted on helping me, by pouncing on the kitchen roll and dettol wipes making sure I had soaked it all up of course, she then did another tiddle on the floor (my mistake), must remember to put puppy in the garden before clearing up overnight wee ...

SO out we went in the back yard to put all the wet paper in the bin, what did I do, first rule of puppy ownership, before stepping back, always check behind you...little Tara had done a big Poo wight behind me and I stepped backwards (in my slippers) into it....oh bless her
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

17-11-2008, 12:38 PM
That brought a smile.

Isn't having a puppy such fun LOL It will all be worth it soon. As you say you are learning quick.

It could be that she does not like a soft comfy bed. Rye my older borzoi never used a bed as a puppy would push it to the top of the cage and lie on the hard floor of the cage. He was the same until he turned two, before which he destroyed every bed and every form of bedding provided for his comfort. Now he just loves comfy bedding, so don't despair.

Also I have found potty training of large hound breeds a lot easier than their smaller counterparts so hope that brings some consolation.
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2008, 12:56 PM
I love it, although the last pup I had was 6 odd years ago...my doesn't time fly..lol

Its coming back slowly, although she must think I am a complete nut, as I follow her around watching for tell tell signs she is going to wee, although, she always seem to wee when I turn away for a second...am sure she is doing it on purpose..little monkey..lol
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 01:52 PM
What a great story, that brought a smile to my face, how often have I trod in wonderful isn't it. Good luck with your pup, sounds like your going to have great fun xx
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2008, 09:42 AM
So here we are Day 2!

I survived it too..lol, so far so good, housetraining is coming on nicely with only a few incidents of excitement wee..although sploshing in puddles in the garden seems to be far more fun than actually 'doing busys'..wonder if they do puppy wellies??

Remembered to put puppy out for tiddles before clearing up last nights little wee's, all went well, AND we have now mastered the first poo in the garden, Auntie Maia obliged by showing her how big dogs do it and she copied...hmm interesting point.

Uncle Jack still has the look of 'Oh its still here then' and tries to ignore her...he'll come around.

Breakfast, obviously them most important meal of the day after Lunch, Dinner and Supper..lol, Tara certainly has a good appetite, although leaves in the garden also make a nice alternative too..lol

Cats - Ah ha, Tara has found the feline's of the family, along with the tasty litter tray and the cat biscuit...yum
..although she couldn't decide which tasted better.

Well..day 2 went well.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

18-11-2008, 10:12 AM
So glad Day 2 so far has gone well.

I just love the amusement a puppy brings it is worth all the poo lifting and puddle cleaning.

I too remember the puppy stages and the litter tray and the cat biscuits another fond puppy memory.

I am getting broody now and I put the blame on Tara.

Let's have some more pics when you have the time, just to make me brood more LOL

Awww happy happy puppy days.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Sounds like a certain puppy owner.....is really enjoying it all..XXX Great
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Aw lovely, piccies please, I'd love a Wolf hound, or a Deer hound...Inka just loves these girls too, he has a friend called Murnah, Deerhound and they look a perfect couple xx
Ness
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Keep this dairy going....its great!!!

And where's the pictures?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 11:08 AM
I know what you mean when you say you watch for the signs and they the little tike does it as soon as you turn round Oh the joys of puppyhood
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »