View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Just a thought, why the hell do people celebrate Guy Fawks the man was an olden day terrorist
fair point,
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Len never used to be scared of bangs but I think he has picked up on Ruby's fear of them, neither would go out for toilets and are still a little reluctant to venture out.

I got in the car after work tonight switched on the windscreen wipers and after an awful noise discovered a used sparkler on there! god knows how it got there. I'm just getting miserable in my old age, every year I hate them more and think they are a total waste of money!
wouldn't mind if it was just one night.

I heard wild birds tweeting outside after work 12 am also.. they must be very confused with it all poor things.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2008, 01:26 AM
Well i don't know why, but hooch was ok tonight, we had alot of fireworks going off, we had a couple go off this afternoon and he started shaking as usual, but seemed to calm down quickly.
Come 6pm the air raid had started in earnest, curtains closed, tv turned up, safe place all sorted, but hooch was just lying behind my dad on his chair, and thats where he stayed all night, no shaking, panting, drooling pacing, nothing. he hadn't even had any meds. to say im confused is an understatment did someone replace my dog while i wasn't looking.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2008, 09:23 AM
I must confess that I drugged the boys last night

They were going wild with the noise (throwing themselves at the back door to get out, frothing at the mouth and barking etc) so I ended up giving them an anti-histamine each, as I know it makes them drowsy....

Result - 2 doggies on the sofas whilst fireworks were going off all around (enough to rattle the windows of the house in some cases) who barely moved a muscle until about 10.30

Sadly, the fireworks went on until about 11.30/midnight when someone called the police about the noise (wasn't me though!!)

Luckily, the boys are fine this morning, and I'm hoping that tomorrow and friday are quieter.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Missy was really good - she did "speak" at the fireworks, to which we told her "well done" .
Only problem she had was although she was a brave bunny indoors, she didn't want to go outside for a walk and wee. She did manage to hold it until 6am though!

historically, I thought the celebration was originally by the Protestants, giving thanks for the fact they had stopped the Papist Guy Fawkes and his band of Catholics from blowing up Parliament. Funny how it has turned around, isn't it?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
Cassy still on one but I can see she's knackered so hopefully will fall asleep soon. Harvey's sat wrapped in the throw over shaking but things seemed to have gone quiet for now as its raining quite hard. Hope everyones bonfires have gone out and their fireworks have gone soggy

Just a thought, why the hell do people celebrate Guy Fawks the man was an olden day terrorist!
I think its they celebrate the fact his plot was stopped rarther than celerbrating him. Though I bet half the idiots and chavs who mess about with them have no idea about it anyway.
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9