View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks Shona, they have just started round here and some loud ones too. Dap diffusers been on for 3 days and so far so good. Ollie is eating frozen chicken wings for his tea and at the moment they seem to be taking his mind off them. He is on his last one wonder what will happen when there are no more chicken wings.
Fingers crossed he will not notice.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 05:31 PM
I really feel for all of you... my lot are snoozing as normal.. not worried in the slightest... I cant imagine what you lot go through... hugs to all
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks Shona, they started here at 2.45 this afternoon and have been non stop since. Shady is terrified and won't go out for a wee even though she is bursting.
I really feel for all the animals out there, hope everyone else doggies and pets are ok.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm going out straight from work to a bonfire night so i've told my dad not to take the dogs out under any circumstances because knowing him, he'd let them off too (no common sense!) I gave them a good walk early this morning and mum said she was going to take them out this afternoon so they should be fine.

Took them out on lead last night and a few fireworks went off. Jessie was doing all she could to try and escape, Jed simply pulled to try and get home quicker but Flynn didnt even notice. He's not noise shy in the slightest but the collies obviously are. They are all pretty calm in the house though.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 05:38 PM
TBH... Hollys kinda got that hopeful look about her... she loves a good rumble out back when the fireworks are going..
shes such a little git...

when I went to the shop at five... they has started the bonfire... one lad seen me walking down with kaos.. so prob thought he would be smart letting off a firework... more fool him... kaos gave him the rearing roar,... lol... think the lad got a bigger fright than he thought the dog would get.. then kaos composed himself and remembered his manners... snigger snigger
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks Shona,

My six don't seem afraid but everytime there's a big "BANG" they all start barking, which is getting a little tiresome .............already, with many hours to go! At least they don't appear frightened. Although my little white girl is stuck on my lap, so I think she may be acting "fierce" and barking at the bangs but only confident cos Mummy is there to protect her!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 05:41 PM
and it begins!

nick is pacing up and down -resting for a few seconds in the store cupboard (last year he got stuck )

millie is running at the door barking when she hears a bang - considered getting the cage out for nicky, but he'll just panic more
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Well Jake has had to have another pill. The poor lad I hate seeing him like this, it only started when he turned six. When younger he and Storm used to lie on the back step and watch them in the distance.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-11-2008, 05:57 PM
There's none going off round here. Perhaps people aren't bothering tonight because of all the fog.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Well Jake has had to have another pill. The poor lad I hate seeing him like this, it only started when he turned six. When younger he and Storm used to lie on the back step and watch them in the distance.
awe what a shame... do you have any idea why he suddenly began to worrie about them?
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »