View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Why did you want to mate your young bitch anyway at 19 months she will be no way mature enough to have a litter & leaving her with the stud dog owner overnight Gosh I paid more than £100 stud fee in 1984 !

Why not contact people on your waiting list for puppies to see if they would prefer the 12 month old as well as Rottweiler rescue ?
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
You really need to get onto Rottie rescue as soon as possible. I personally wouldn't give her back to her original owner as who knows what will happen.
Becky
I totally agree well said x

When I first read about the stud fee I could not believe my ears. I would be really careful with this women things are NOT right
samanthac
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2008, 12:15 PM
i have just had two phone calls about ruby the 12 month old bitch so hopefully she will have a new home soon!
samanthac
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2008, 12:17 PM
i am going to give it till tomorrow and if ruby hasn't been re-homed to a family i will certainly be taking her to a rescue centre, just spoke to my local pet shop where i know the owners quite well and thay have gave me a list of centres that will take her off my hands
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Make sure the new home doesn't have any other dogs and is fully aware of the issues you have with her otherwise you may well get her back or the poor girl be passed on again which isn't fair on her.
Becky
samanthac
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2008, 12:52 PM
I have explained the situation to both callers over the phone (prob why they siad they would come back to me lol ) The first caller said her had recently had a male rotti from a pup and it had recently passed away due to old age, and he is now over the greeving process and looking for another dog, he sounds quite interested. He said he just needs to check with his partner and he said he would let me know shortly,
I would rather Ruby go to a home where they have had rotti's before so they know what they are dealing with, I wouldn't like to think that she is in the wrong hands as she is such an obedient and bright dog, she could really bring joy to the right person! she just wants to be cuddled and loved and my girl wont let that happen, none of them back down !
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 12:59 PM
changed my mind on posting
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 02:21 PM
have you bred any dogs before?

where did you find the stud dogs owner???

all a bit strange tbh...
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 02:40 PM
I too don`t understand why you`re breeding from an immature bitch, and also why you didn`t oversee the mating or have your bitch tested to see if she were in whelp before taking another young bitch into the home. It all sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. There are hundreds and hundreds of nice Rotties in rescue, so why add to the pool? I`m not anti-breeding but I don`t see the point of just breeding animals to no purpose. Well done for doing the resposible thing with this new girl, and I hope all goes well. If you do want another dog, why not consider a castrated male, preferably one who`s had some training?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

15-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Why did you want to mate your young bitch anyway at 19 months she will be no way mature enough to have a litter & leaving her with the stud dog owner overnight Gosh I paid more than £100 stud fee in 1984 !?
I have no idea about breeding as such but can hips be scored that young - sorry if off topic

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Why not contact people on your waiting list for puppies to see if they would prefer the 12 month old as well as Rottweiler rescue ?
This is an excellent suggestion as these people will already have been vetted ! I bet one of them wouldnt mind especially as its not known whether the bitch is pregnant so might not have to have the dissappointment.

Would also ask if you would be speying the younger one before she is rehomed?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >