Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 08:21 PM

Anyone got a caravan ?

we have been thinking how with the dogs we never get a holiday ...so we are thinking of getting a caravan and touring around weekends ..here in Hampshire we don't have to go far to find nice sites to stay at

anyone else a caravan owner and is it good fun
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Oh Inca, if only!!! We have had caravans for a few years until OH started to work nights, then we 'lost' the weekends so sold it I would give my right arm for another one, but funds are short I'm afraid. One day...........

The best place to find dog friendly campsites is Cades (you can buy an annual book listing or go online)

Good luck and have fun
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
we have been thinking how with the dogs we never get a holiday ...so we are thinking of getting a caravan and touring around weekends ..here in Hampshire we don't have to go far to find nice sites to stay at

anyone else a caravan owner and is it good fun

Hi Inca,

I've sent you a private message, don't know if it'll be any help or not.

Regards

Jill
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 09:38 PM
I got myself a nice little caravan last year so I could do weekend events etc. with the dogs - its only small (my friend takes the mick and says its like a portaloo). It does my young daughter and me though. Also, being small, its easy for me to tow. It has a lovely big awning too which is great for the dog cages etc. (and somewhere for everyone to congregate when we have bbq's and it starts getting a bit chilly in the evenings). Great fun and I recommend it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-03-2006, 09:42 PM
We have a Static Caravan in Wales..................its the best thing we have ever done, enjoy it more than any holiday abroad because we can take the dogs............we go away evey couple of weeks, and love it. go for it you will have a ball...........what `s better than going away with your doglets
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 09:47 PM
We used to do alot of caravaning when we were kids it was the only way mom and dad could afford to take us away on holiday.We had some great times and toured all over the uk.We used to stop a few days here and move on to somewhere else,we used to do weekends as well.
Sal
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2006, 08:58 AM
We have a caravan, and its great. We seem to go away every other weekend once the weathers changes. We try for long weekends Inca.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 09:10 AM
we have decided to go with freinds at easter and see if we like it before we buy there are some real bargains about at the mo but I don't want to rush into buying until we are sure its for us .....thanks for all the replies x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Sounds like a sensible idea Inca then maybe hire a caravan or loan there's if possible and go yourself to see if you fancy it. Everyone I know who goes with the caravan option loves it. Hope if you do you have loads of fun.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 02:19 PM
thanks kazz well soemthing has come up OH's work mate has upgraged his and selling his old one ......its a 1990 2 berth with brand new awning and last year was kitted out new curtains and carpets he has told OH he just wants it off the drive for his new one arriving in 10 days time cos its over 10 years old he couldn't get a PX ..he said £800 to get rid !!!!! its just been serviced and has all electric cables plus gas bottle

we are going to view it tomoz and if its not a shed on wheels i will post a pic LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >