Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2023, 08:43 AM

Wet Friday 31st March

Good morning everyone

Pleased Gary seems to have come round and told you his problem and that Dave seems to be better.

Good luck with the hair dye Kelly

How lovely for you to have Bernese cuddles Lynn

Wet here today but managed to gt Teazle out whilst it had stopped. She had to wear a coat so not at all happy. Have taken the car in to have the bumper sprayed here I bumped it into next door's car will collect it after the school and horse riding run unless Ben can do the riding lesson and then I can get there earlier. Nothing else planned except housework!

Take care
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2023, 09:18 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow. Shouldn't that be horse riding gallop? lol!! Anyway the words for today are Sora and hoping that you aren't all suffering from Ennui. Have a good day all. Off for a quick walk as it looks like it may have stopped raining for a minute or two.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2023, 09:40 AM
Morning Sue, brenda and all to follow.
Wet here too today.
Volvo went in at 8 this morning for the back brake to be sorted. We have everything crossed it is done quickly and not at the worst case scenario price.
Vauxhall home and lights done and very pleased and we gave the guy a tip.
He took the liberty at looking at the turbo his diagnostic machine pulled something up even though it is running well
Apparently it has a little carbon build up so he said we can try cleaning it easy job he says, or buy a spray and try that and if those don't work to well after giving it a good thrashing up a motorway driving at 70 on a motorway is not thrashing it, he will clean it for us.
So lots of cheaper options than replacing which we feel it doesn't need doing anyway after the very expensive re-map.

Sue hope you can manage to get an earlier day to collect the car.
Have all the visitors left ?
brenda hoping you get your walk in the dry.
Chris glad you're back in the good books and Gary is going to wait and also that Dave is feeling better.
Maybe a touch of the norovirus ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2023, 05:43 PM
Evening everyone
Pleased the Vectra seems to be fixed, hopefully the Volvo too
Brenda, did the letting agent get back to you about your parking?
Sue, hope you manage to get the car collected today
Been to get fitted for a bra, never had it done before, I went to Ann summers and it was a really positive experience, they don't use a tape measure but actually fit the bra to you, very very nice lady, plenty of privacy and I got a massive shock! I had been happily trotting round in a bra with an extender and she got me a different size.... wasn't right, got me another size, wasn't quite right, third time and it was right and I had a heart attack at the size!! Lol. True to form, would be a size that's difficult to source in high street shops. Have ordered some online at new look to try, I can pick them up in the week and return them if they aren't suitable
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2023, 06:33 PM
I did that a few years back griff it is a very positive experience. Not done it for a while though so I need to do it again, I am sure my size has changed.

Volvo back the highest end of the worst case scenario, they also said they couldn't start it when starting it to get out of the workshop, suggested we needed a new battery £100 on top of the £510 to sort the back brakes.
We declined and said we will see how it goes it has never given us a problem.
Gorden noted all the lights were on so maybe that had something to do with it .
We gave it a run to Kings Lynn and it was so much better so now on the local market place site up for sale.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2023, 06:41 PM
Pleased it's sorted Lynn, wonder if they had left it parked up with the lights on then?? Hopefully you get your sale.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2023, 07:11 PM
Possibly griff. Starts and always has 1st time for us.
Fingers crossed for a sale.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2023, 09:43 PM
Evening all and goodnight been busy today catch you all tomorrow
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Good evening all

Despite a 'rain all day' forecast, it was sunny until late afternoon so we had an enjoyable morning out. It's always more enjoyable when the weather surprises with sun instead of rain

Gary booked in at the doctors for Monday morning so hopefully will get some answers

Sister's CT scan results were really brilliant so that's a big 'phew'. Now we just need to keep nagging until she goes to the doctors to get an x-ray arranged on her back and hip
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2023, 10:05 PM
Awwww, that's great news Chris, I hope she will go back to the drs, things can be overlooked. I saw our practice nurse a couple of weeks ago, she shut her finger in the car door...went off to urgent care and they x-rayed her, told her it was fine and discharged her, a WEEK later, called her, they had "reviewed" her x-ray and the finger was fractured, could she please go back in!! She said no, I am a practice nurse at work, I can't just leave.
Hopefully the Dr can sort Gary too, Steve's complaining of a bad neck I am very tempted to strangle him