Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlemis88
New Member!
Female 

28-07-2012, 11:26 AM

How Lucky can, one girl be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6VDT...hannel&list=UL

Most people have a heart dog and lots of people have a dream dog some people are lucky enough to have one of these dogs in their lives.

But I am extra lucky that I have both in my life, here are their stories.

I’ll start at the beginning with my heart dog Maisey, Maisey was a yellow Labrador that we got in February 2007 she was 8 weeks old.

Right from the start Maisey was my dog and there was simply no one else as far as she was concerned, it was like she knew that she had to save me, you see before Maisey came along I used to get really badly depressed pretty often, at my worst I wouldn’t eat, sleep or anything really, I often felt like I didn’t want to be here anymore.

But Maisey changed all that she put me first always and every time, nothing or no one had ever done that before, I had always come at least second to someone or something else.

Maisey showed her love for me every day in every way she could she would follow me around our tiny front room even if she was comfy on her bed, she always tried to have a part of her touching me if she could.

She would follow me around the house too and upstairs when she could get away with it, or wait at the bottom if she couldn’t.
We had a little game we’d play on the stairs when I stood on the stairs Maisey would too if I turned to go upstairs so would Maisey, turn to go down Maisey is there again, no matter which way I went Maisey would always go the same way.

Maisey, went very suddenly at just 2 and a halfish years old, she seemed a little off colour so we took her to the vet, who told us it was her liver, she then referred us to the PDSA.

So all we could do was wait for their phone call, but while we were waiting Maisey went downhill really badly really fast, so back to the vet we went.

But they wouldn’t treat her and made us take her all the way to the PDSA in another town, despite the fact we said we could pay for her treatment, they did nothing to help my Maisey, when maybe they could of saved her.

We went from the PDSA who treated her to another vet who would watch Maisey through the night, he told us that she had been born with something wrong with her, which is why she was so small.

Such a shame the last vet we ever saw was also the best vet we ever saw, (Maisey was checked by vets a few times in her life).

I hated leaving Maisey there I couldn’t bear the thought of her thinking I’d just went and left her.
In the early hours of the morning, we got the call telling us Maisey was gone.

From being a bit off to gone in less than 24 hours, it was just unbelievable, but very sadly true.

While Maisey may be gone she will NEVER be forgotten, I love her everyday, I think of her everyday, I miss her everyday and I always tell her goodnight.

I know that I love her more than words can ever really say.

When Maisey went on the 28th July 2009 she left an unfillable hole in my heart and my life. Her pawprints will always be in my sand.

Next is my dream dog Quin, Quin is a blue merle bi colour Border Collie that we got on the 18th September 2009 at 7 and a half weeks after she was born on 28th July 2009.

For as long as I can remember, I have had two favourite dog breeds they have been German Shepherds and Border Collies.

I have always loved bigger dogs, but I always wanted a dog with brains, a dog I could teach tricks and stuff too.

I got all this and more with Quin, after a very bumpy start

From the very first photo I saw of her I knew Quin would grow up to be a beautiful girl and I was right, whenever anyone sees her they always comment on her looks, but I have always looked beyond that.

Quin has the most personality of any dog I have ever known she has more sides than a Rubik’s cube, (and as many nicknames) she is always, always happy, wherever she is whatever she does she always has a waggy tail and a smiling face.

She makes the best out of each and every day and any and all situations.

If she is doing her job (ie playing fetch), in the house, out on a walk, away on a camping trip, learning/doing her tricks or something else, Quin will squeeze everything she can from it, each and every time.

But by far Quin’s favourite thing is to do her job and fetch her ball, as many times as we will throw it.

Quin has had 3 homes in as many years, but she has been happy a settled in all 3 from the get go, I think that’s because in her mind wherever I am is home.

Quin can be quite subtle in her affection sometimes, she likes to be near you but not with you, eg. if I am in the bedroom she will lie at the top of the stairs rather than come in the room.

But then she can be in your face and won’t stop pestering you for a stroke, one thing that always works with Quin if I am sitting on the sofa and I cover my face and call her she will always jump up.

Quin is the most challenging dog I have ever known, we constantly work to manage her dog reactiveness. She also has a very stubborn side that would run riot if left unchecked.

But Quin is mostly a very well behaved girl both in and out the house and she has never chewed anything ever.

Quin and I are very in tune with each other, I always know just what she wants and her mood will almost always match mine.
She always gives me what I need without me ever asking.

I love Quin just as much as Maisey, allbeit in a totally different way.

When Quin came into my life, she had some pretty big paws to fill and fill them she did in a way as unique as her looks.

She has dug a new hole in my heart and my life. She will always be what dreams are made of.

I know that I am so very lucky to know both of these wonderful, amazing girls that have given me so very much.

I love them both more than I can ever really say, I am eternally grateful to share my life with both of them.
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2012, 12:28 PM
That's a vey touching story; thanks for sharing