View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BonniesMummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2011, 03:47 PM
well its more up to my mum than me, I cant have a dog until i finish uni and move back home, so if she wanted him she would have to be responsible for him for the next couple of months which is why we werent looking, and our situation isnt ideal for the next 6 months - but, once two months are gone for neuter, vaccinations,... there a rough 4 month gap until im home again.

so basically if nobody wanted him and its summer, he will end up staying. if someone offers him a home in April, I expect he will go to them because my mum has been so fab in even going to save the little guy i cant ask anymore.

but in the back of my mind i am hoping nobody wants Alfie. (is that bad?)

x
tucbiscuit
New Member!
Male 

19-01-2011, 04:29 PM
well done for saving that dog, you're a very good person
BonniesMummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Has anybody got any advice, he seems intent on peeing indoors to the point where i think he thinks thats the right thing to do. a two hour walk and he didnt go, but ran indoors and weed as soon as he could.

He keeps being outside, holding it in and then weeing inside when he can. so far he hasnt done one poo or wee outside so cant overly praise him when he does it because he refuses
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by BonniesMummy View Post
Has anybody got any advice, he seems intent on peeing indoors to the point where i think he thinks thats the right thing to do. a two hour walk and he didnt go, but ran indoors and weed as soon as he could.

He keeps being outside, holding it in and then weeing inside when he can. so far he hasnt done one poo or wee outside so cant overly praise him when he does it because he refuses
He may be too nervous to go to the toilet outside, especially on a walk, he might feel too vulnerable. Hope you've got a warm coat because it sounds like you'll have to go back to square one like he's a puppy. Are you crate training him? That might help. Also he is small (isn't he?) so it might take some time. Good luck!

J.
tucbiscuit
New Member!
Male 

19-01-2011, 06:43 PM
maybe do the old- put a puppy training pad where he pees, so he does it on that, praise him, then move them closer and closer to the back door?
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2011, 07:50 PM
well done for taking the little dog on! What kind of dog is he? He is gorgeous!
gedor99
New Member!
Male 

19-01-2011, 08:49 PM
What I don't understand is why they don't just take unwanted dogs to dogstrust - they will look after & rehome & never put a dog to sleep unless they are vicious or have a serious illness

I and many thousands donate to dogstrust because we know that the dogs will not be pts

Ged
BonniesMummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2011, 12:38 AM
They couldnt be bothered basically. They have no idea where he is, we didnt pay a penny for him, they had no food for him, he has no toys, no basket, he had nothing.

He has done his first poops outside, Mum raised the roof "good Alfie, well done Alfie".

he is spending tonight in the kitchen with Rocky. He might poop in their but he might not because he is happier than the utility, so we shall see.

I think he may be a cross between a Lancashire Heeler and A Jack Russel, what do you guys think?

I so hope someone wants this special guy one day he is a gem
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Well Done xxxxxxxxxxxx

He's absolutely lovely....and very lucky xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by BonniesMummy View Post
I think he may be a cross between a Lancashire Heeler and A Jack Russel, what do you guys think?
I'm guessing Miniature Pinscher for the colouring and head shape, Dachshund for the legs and Jack Russel just because there seems to be something a bit JR about him! But whatever mix he is it certainly adds up to cute!

J.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >