Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
There's an antil BSL vigil in London this weekend funnily enough. Maybe you should attend and show your support to the dogs and people who have been through this for real.
I agree, from people I have spoken to or heard about the early morning visit is done often I guess to catch people unawares.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Oh what a nightmare. I dare say they would have got a mouthful from me!!! Although I suppose if we'd readabiut this in the paper and they had actually caught a den of fighting dogs breeding, we'd have been cheering. These dogs have a habit of "disappearing" if the owner suspects a raid, hence the need for an early morning surprise. Heavy handed yes, but they didn't know you have GSDs. I'd still be fuming though! What spiteful neighbours!

Any chance of a photo of these "dangerous dogs"? I'm particular curious to see what your GSD x Akita looks like
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Laura I have asked my sons to check this for you OK.
They tell me though that if a report of PB breeding had come through to Police they would not request RSPCA presence as how the law stands now they only require 2 dog handlers and 1 beat officer. Any suspect PB would be seized and held if then a vet agrees they are destroyed.

Maybe the people rang the RSPCA first....not sure why they would attend now though as they are definately not required.
Anyhow the boys have said they will investigate for you and see what they can turn up for you
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Sorry for your awkening morning.

Emma actually asked what I was wondering....daresay other police officers appeared
Not as sorry as I am, believe me!

Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Nope had no idea, not sure how I was suppose to realise this without asking
Oh right....No I doubt people would of realised that either.

I'll have to ask my son to look at that see if he knows who gave the complaint, I'll ring him tonite
Thanx Steph. I appreciate it. OK I accept it may nnot have been completely obvious. When I hit the "1" button I must've caught the "2" button at the same time but not realised.

No more police officers turned up, althugh when I was with West Mids if we knew of something going on we all piled in. Couldn't help ourselves ya see!

Laura I have asked my sons to check this for you OK.
They tell me though that if a report of PB breeding had come through to Police they would not request RSPCA presence as how the law stands now they only require 2 dog handlers and 1 beat officer. Any suspect PB would be seized and held if then a vet agrees they are destroyed.

Maybe the people rang the RSPCA first....not sure why they would attend now though as they are definately not required.
Anyhow the boys have said they will investigate for you and see what they can turn up for you
Thanks Steph. Although they won't be able to tell me (or you) who it is because of data protection.

I also thought maybe the RSPCA were contacted first although surely as they've been here before, they would already know they wouldn't need a police presence. Having said that, it was hardly a police presence - more like them wading in with their size 11's or trying to.
I'm also surprised they (the RSPCA) turned up at all. I had to fight with them to get them to show any interest when Yiannis was attacked and I gave up contacting them eventually after getting so much conflicting info from them. Or maybe they turned up in the hope that something would come from an early morning "raid" (although I wouldn't have described it as such) and they'd get some decent publicity from it.

Maybe the reason for the police to arrive was because of the stereotypical PBT owner and what we all assume they're like.

Having said that I don't know if it was something that had been planned for a certain length of time, or on the basis of a phone call and the 2 lots of officers met up outside my house.

Steph - do you need my address? I'm asuming not as your Sons woudl be able to check anyway on any such operation ongoing or to be carried out at that sort of time I would have thought. Things have changed a lot since I left though so I could be wrong. Just a thought.

Laura xx
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh my god! Thats shocking! im so suprised at all them people, our local RSPCA inspectors/AWO/ACO'S are normally only 'on call' out of hours!

Why cant they and the police track the people who OPENLY ADVERTISE APBT and ASBT online for sale, I was shocked last night when i was trawling through the usual 'dog sites'
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Not as sorry as I am, believe me!

Thanx Steph. I appreciate it. OK I accept it may nnot have been completely obvious. When I hit the "1" button I must've caught the "2" button at the same time but not realised.

No more police officers turned up, althugh when I was with West Mids if we knew of something going on we all piled in. Couldn't help ourselves ya see!

Thanks Steph. Although they won't be able to tell me (or you) who it is because of data protection.

I also thought maybe the RSPCA were contacted first although surely as they've been here before, they would already know they wouldn't need a police presence. Having said that, it was hardly a police presence - more like them wading in with their size 11's or trying to.
I'm also surprised they (the RSPCA) turned up at all. I had to fight with them to get them to show any interest when Yiannis was attacked and I gave up contacting them eventually after getting so much conflicting info from them. Or maybe they turned up in the hope that something would come from an early morning "raid" (although I wouldn't have described it as such) and they'd get some decent publicity from it.

Maybe the reason for the police to arrive was because of the stereotypical PBT owner and what we all assume they're like.

Having said that I don't know if it was something that had been planned for a certain length of time, or on the basis of a phone call and the 2 lots of officers met up outside my house.

Steph - do you need my address? I'm asuming not as your Sons woudl be able to check anyway on any such operation ongoing or to be carried out at that sort of time I would have thought. Things have changed a lot since I left though so I could be wrong. Just a thought.

Laura xx
No I know your address I have given it to my son, I won't obviously be able to give you a name but I can let it slip if its someone close to you

Bet you'll be glad when you move to Chirenchester, at least there if it is neighbours, you'll be free of them not long now I believe before your getting married (sorry but I understood that from your profile) things will change then Im sure and you can leave all that behind you.
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:26 PM
I am sorry to here about the trouble you have with your neighbours. I am glad you are going to do something about them and I hope it stops them from bothering you.

I was woken up at 3.15 am once by banging on the door. I got out of bed to find three police at my door two fairly large men and a woman wanting to know where the previous owner of the house was, even though I had lived there for a year and it had been empty a year as well.

It scared the living daylights out of me as I live on my own and didn't have a dog at the time. I let them in to look as I wanted them to go away and to go back to sleep.
Also my parent were away so I thought something had happened to them. So it was very unpleasant.

But it make you wonder as the previous man in the house was arrested for child molesting so they had arrested him years ago why didn't they know where he was. They use intimidation to make you do thing and like to come when you are half asleep it seems other wise they are interested

anyway I haven't been bothered again and thought it would do more harm then go to cause a fuss.

I hope you complain and get it sorted out
((((HUGS)))

Ndidi
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Have to say, although a bit OTT, I do think, we would be saying the opposite if such investigations where not followed up!
Thats exactly what I was thinking. Its ok to say it was wrong coz laura is innocent, but not everyone is so it has to get checked. I thought it was OTT with 12 officers, but now that has been cleared up I dont think it was so much.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Bet you'll be glad when you move to Chirenchester, at least there if it is neighbours, you'll be free of them
Chichester...?? and maybe not...!! my current gitty neighbours hail from there originally.... it's just along the coast from here.... They reported me to RSPCA in March claiming my dog was barking too much and was living in 'dirty conditions', (perfect bill of health from inspector - in fact we ended up talking for ages about the local rescue I've been involved with!).

That drew a blank so they THEN reported me to my landlord behind my back, and council EH dept too; without EVER saying a word to my face. Council were a bit astonished nothing had ever been said to me before they reported, as they encourage a good neighbours policy here, so that meant council were automatically on my side. Meanwhile these chaps were being sweetenss and light to my face and other neighbours too. I can't stand that kind of attitude. Luckily neither can most of the people in this neighbourhood.

Don't want to put you off..... but there are gits wherever you go, unfortunately. Karma will get 'em... I can see it coming already. There are always people who are up themselves wherever you go, for one reason or another, sad to say.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Chichester...?? and maybe not...!! my current gitty neighbours hail from there originally.... it's just along the coast from here.... They reported me to RSPCA in March claiming my dog was barking too much and was living in 'dirty conditions', (perfect bill of health from inspector - in fact we ended up talking for ages about the local rescue I've been involved with!).

That drew a blank so they THEN reported me to my landlord behind my back, and council EH dept too; without EVER saying a word to my face. Council were a bit astonished nothing had ever been said to me before they reported, as they encourage a good neighbours policy here, so that meant council were automatically on my side. Meanwhile these chaps were being sweetenss and light to my face and other neighbours too. I can't stand that kind of attitude. Luckily neither can most of the people in this neighbourhood.

Don't want to put you off..... but there are gits wherever you go, unfortunately. Karma will get 'em... I can see it coming already. There are always people who are up themselves wherever you go, for one reason or another, sad to say.
Thats true. But if Laura's moves just up the coast from you at least she'll have someone off dogsey nearby.
Nothing worse than two faced neighbours though
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >