Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:24 AM

Police & RSPCA at my door at 5am!

Hi,

I'm usually up around 430-5am most mornings - partly because I have problems sleeping because of my stumpy left knee, partly because of the humidity during the night as I have a house that retains heat (a little too well) and partly because the pain medication tends to wear off in the early hours but I can't take more of the strong stuff before about 7am.

So I was up, showered and dressed about 430am this morning. I'd made myself a cup of coffee to wake myself up. Oscar was still asleep upstairs.

At just after 5am, I heard the most horrendous banging on my front door. Now the doorbell doesn't work as the cable was cut when I had the new flooring down (my own fault really) and there is tape over it. But I have a big metal knocker in the middle of the front door which makes a lot of noise anyway - it doesn't need to be banged that hard. I can only assume they thought I was asleep and they had every intention of getting me up.

The dogs were playing on the patio so I locked the back door. I went and answered the front door, fortunately before Oscar woke up to see 4 police officers and 6 RSPCA officers.

They told me they'd had reports that I was breeding PBTs and they wanted to come in. I pointed out the fact that firstly, they dogs were playing outside and they could easily have looked over the side gate to see what breeds of dogs were there. I also pointes out that there is a sign inthe porch stating there were dogs at the proeprty with a picture of a GSD on it.

I was going to refuse entry as I knew they were relying onteh shock/surprise element to gain entry adn without a warrant, they have no right to come in. But I didn't really want them coming back at stupid o' clock so I allowed 12 police officer and 1 RSCPA officer in.

I took them into the kitchen and todl them to look outside. All the dogs were lyign down on the patio. I pointed out yet again they were GSDs, not PBTs.

I also asked them to inform my neighbours that any more malicious complaints will be considered as harrasment, particularly as they were so heavy handed. Had either organisation checked their records, they would have seen that they've been out to me before and I haven't caused problems, I am not abusive or violent and therefore the way they went about the visit was completely unnecessary.

I was told they couldn't confirm or tell me who the complainant was but they didn't need to. I mentioned the previous set of malicious, untrue complaints and pointed out that I Speak with all my other neigbours and do check from time to time that the dogs are bothering anyone (as they can be noisy at times if they get overexcited whilst playing). Also, teh one officer who had been out to me before had a silly big grin on his face when I told them I knew it was my neighbours - so that's all the confirmation I need.

So I know it was the scum who did this last year. Will they really stop at nothing to get rid of the dogs? I feel like printing off a picture of a PBT along with a picture of a GSD with the caption "spot the difference". Or does that make me as sarcastic and malicious as they are?

I know the police etc have a job to do, but really - was this all necessary? I think not. I though tthis had all died down as they'd run out of people or organisations to complain to. Now I wonder how many more people will tell me I own PBTs.

Laura xx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:34 AM
OMG, I am sorry to be reading of this. Is there no way to complain about the fact that so many police came round, unfounded, with no proof etc?
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Wow...what a wonderful waste of police time. I think I'd have been a bit more grumpy than you were!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:59 AM
OMG you own a couple of GSD's, because of course they look absoloutly NOTHING like PBT

sorry bit of sarcasm on my side

i used to have twats as neighbours, i moved (not because of them but im glad im not there anymore)
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 10:08 AM

How absolutely awful for you, and how absolutely sickening that THAT many police and RSPCA officers didn't spend their time sorting out the REAL criminals instead of innocent dog lovers like yourself.

I would seriously be looking into a way to take the whole thing further and sort your neighboours out once and for all, not to mention a complaint to the commission about the useless police force, waste of flaming time they are - worrying.

By jeus, absolutely shocking. What is this earth coming to!
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2010, 10:18 AM
OMG What a shock for you at that time in the morning Waste of manpower there from the police and RSPCA. You would think they would check their sources out first before terrorising yourself at that time in the morning
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post

I would seriously be looking into a way to take the whole thing further and sort your neighboours out once and for all, not to mention a complaint to the commission about the useless police force, waste of flaming time they are - worrying.

By jeus, absolutely shocking. What is this earth coming to!
I agree completely. We pay their wages!!! They provide us with a service. This must be stopped from happening again. Complain, complain, complain.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I can't believe what I am reading! I would complain to the police and RSPCA! OK, they have to follow up all complaints, but at that time of the morning? With so many officers? I think not! I would have been fuming.

I would try your best just to ignore your neighbours and get on with your life.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Flippin 'eck.

Yep I would be online right now looking for the most intimidating "WARNING PIT BULLS LIVE HERE" sign I could find for my front gate!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Wow what an OTT response................
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »