View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Well Laura your first post was pretty subtle.....NOT!!!!

AS soon as i get my driver's licence back I'll come visit yer, promise. Until then we you're gonna have to put up with us as being www buddies I'm very rearly on MSN mainly cos I keep forgetting I've not got it set to connect automatically
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 04:55 PM
lol - i wasn't directing anything at you! lol

But no - seriously - you've all been a pillar of support and help and useful ideas - so we're gonna give them a go!

xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2005, 05:00 PM
were always here even if its a virtual world, we are real in life though or at least i think we are.
(pist not sure about staffy)
good luck in all the avenues you go down.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by KickstartKelpies
where do you find out about groups like that please wolfie?
Try your doctors surgery, they may be able to help. If not, they can point you in the right direction

Originally Posted by Zoundz
We got an email today though, through uni mail about working as a volunteer for childline. Some of you know of my terrible experiences as a kid and perhaps I can help other kids and meet some new people at the same time? I may give it a go
It's worth giving it a go Zoundz. The fact that you will be able to relate to these kis has got to be a bonus.

Word for the wise though, be careful about getting emotionally involved. These kids go through some shocking experiences It would be very difficult to go home and lead a normal life without thinking about what you've listened to
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 06:01 PM
yes that was my major worry... I have a lot on my own plate and I don't need second helpings lol - but perhaps I can help - which it has to be worth a bit of extra suffering for!

xx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 06:07 PM
I agree Zoundz. If you can help one child, then it's gonna be worth it
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz
Hey all...

I just wanted a moan ans some advice probably too. I have no friends. It's very hard to admit and makes me thoroughly miserable, but the only person i talk to on a day to day basis is Karl. I have no way of meeting people really as I also have some form of agrophobia - I can't go into roomsfull of people (i have help for Uni lectures etc - as I can't een go to them) I certainly cant go out to pubs without being inebriated - and I can't go to clubs at uni etc either. I have no real way of meeting people - and it's getting me down. i am fine if people come to visit me - as long as its not too many people at once - but no one does. I just don't know what to do - and it's really making my depression worse... stress is really affecting me right now.

xx
Zoundz i really feel for you... I know how hard it is, i find it hard to make friends mostly cos of the way i am.
i dont like going out much cos i have a rare dwarfism so i get alot of people staring i even went through a time where i wouldnt go shopping until like 11pm at night.
I normally make friends easy when i was in school i had lots of friends and they all said i was funny and bubbly but i find it harder now.
I hope you get what you want and make lots of friends.
Good luck
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 07:23 PM
i know how u feel im not scared of groups of people, but i feel uncomfortable in rooms of them. I hate going out and hate drunk people anyone i ever make friends with at work just wanna go out clubbing or get really drunk.

i find it really hard to make friends with people and when i moved i left my close friends behind i havent really made any since i moved. Where i used to live i used to take indie to the park everyday and ended up chatting to the same people everyday which was nice. But where i live now there isnt anything like that.

i hope u manage to find an answer try not to fret tho, sometimes its nicer havin internet friends
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Hiya

Well I'm lonely and with no friends either..

I've gained a few these last few months.. It seems my Birmingham trip have opened up for something.. have no idea what, but I like it

I've added you to my msn aswell... I'm jeanetteogco@hotmail.com..

I'm always in for a chat
hartleyhare
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Im the same as a lot of you , having moved about 4 years ago the only people that i see are the people that i work with , and my hubby sometimes is a lonley old world , my msn is hartley2103@hotmail.com be glad to natter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >