Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2015, 08:15 PM

I Wrote to Rolling Stone...

It will be interesting if they publish it. I wrote a letter to the editor complaining about a picture they ran. I've read the magazine since I was a teen. They lean towards liberal press and of course the theme of music as well as politics.

But there was a story on Suge Knight. Apparently a successful yet shady business man at one time, now a dissipated criminal looking at life in prison. But the lead picture was offensive.

They have him in inmate orange, but with a cigar and two demonic looking dogs. I feel it glorifies his past. Like " Yeah I'm down but I am still in the game". Take away the cigar and those poor dogs and show him for what he is.

There's no glory in Thug Life and our dogs get enough bad press. I told the editor as much. Use his story as a cautionary tale and use a photo that is realistic...that he's graying and his health is failing. Not someone to emulate.