Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 12:14 AM

Stud Advert!

I think there are many, many people whom breed simply for money, or because they think it is the 'norm' when you have dogs. This is an add I have just come across:

'This is my baby tito he is a japanese akita and stunning as you can see he was 2years old on the 15th of november, he hasnt fathered any litters yet, he isnt kc reg nor is he pedigree, i have pics of his mum and dad and more of tito if you would like to see him from a pup to now, in return i will be looking for pick of litter or the price of a pup, if your intrested please email me or contact me it will be nice to hear from you.

Any advise or offers would be appriciated as this is the first time i have done this, thanks. ' taken from Vivastreet.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Thi sis probably a silyl question, but if he's not a purebred/pedigree Akita, would the pups really be worth anything? I get the impression this person is looking for several hundred pounds for a dog with no papers?
Furthermore it states he hasn't fathered any "litters" yet? So this person expects to put their dog to stud more than once?

Anything to make money for some people. There are plenty of purebred Akitas in rescue - young ones too! And other breeds.

Laura xx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 08:24 AM
I am fed up with my local Jollyes, they have at least three adverts for SB stud, I get mad every time I see them, one of them the date has been changed to November this year. In addition to this there were two litters of SB (along with other litters of varying breeds) at a time when the rescue are full of these poor dogs.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I try and avoid the dog/puppy section in the local papers. Every other one is an advert for a "gawjus chunky staff stud. not KC reg. unproven. gud lukkin and handsum. wel muscled. wil make gawjus puppys for lucky grl dog".
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 04:00 PM
I had to laugh at that labradork although it isn't really funny but just about sums it up.

I contacted Jollyes head office but as expected received no reply.