Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Is it this one

Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
good for you scorpio its so nice when breeds other than the norm, collies,gsd's and so on are entered in obed
hope you do well and have fun
I think Dougiepit just meant it's nice to see other breeds apart from collies/gsd doing obedience from a spectator point of view.

I do agility and 90 percent are collies. Yet I love watching my friends standards poodle, a cocker spaniel doing it. Something different to watch. I don't think Dougiepit meant any negative connotation just it's nice to see other breeds in an area hugely dominately by collies. I have collies and agree with him.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Is it this one

I think Dougiepit just meant it's nice to see other breeds apart from collies/gsd doing obedience from a spectator point of view.

I do agility and 90 percent are collies. Yet I love watching my friends standards poodle, a cocker spaniel doing it. Something different to watch. I don't think Dougiepit meant any negative connotation just it's nice to see other breeds in an area hugely dominately by collies. I have collies and agree with him.
Yes, there was definately no insult intended with this message, as megan57collies explained. Dougiepit was giving me much appreciated encouragement for a hobby I'm thinking about trying.

To update the thread, I have an ex neighbour whom I knew did judge obedience and found out she is judging a KC good citizens show this weekend. Unfortunately it is back in Essex so too far for me to go with her to watch but she is going to get me the details for Bradley and I to, hopefully, start with the Good Citizens Puppy award! Watch this space!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 01:49 PM
what a good looking dog, and he looks very fit also,
reclaimingrebus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Can I just add that I have 4 collies (so def. a collie nut !) but still love to see non-collies competing in obedience and agility. It's just nice to see a dog whatever breed well trained and enjoying itself.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 07:31 PM
gee that is an amazing picture!

its really great. He sure is a handsome chap.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2