View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 06:46 PM

they are a tad bit confused around here.

its halloween not bloody fireworks night
like a war zone out here.
i really hate fireworks bens all worried, and 1 of my cats is out, the other 1 is more sensible and has gone to sleep.
wish they would ban the sale of fireworks completely. only for organized displays. make a fortune for a charity. and lots of less accidents.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Its fine here, kids out collecting sweeties with parents in tow, all very nice and polite. No fireworks as yet
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 07:04 PM
None here either thank goodness, but the usually come at around 10 pm here if at all! I was pleased to see my new puppy lying out in the bootroom with the door open last night, watching the fireworks, listening to the bangs, and not batting an eyelid!!! Finger's crossed it stays this way!!!

I feel for you, my old Cassie was a quiverring wreck with them!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2009, 07:06 PM
My 2 have a bit of a bark at them, then just give them dirty looks if there is a particularly loud noise, but mostly ignore them
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
its halloween not bloody fireworks night
like a war zone out here.
i really hate fireworks bens all worried, and 1 of my cats is out, the other 1 is more sensible and has gone to sleep.
wish they would ban the sale of fireworks completely. only for organized displays. make a fortune for a charity. and lots of less accidents.
OH and i were just having that same conversation, we havent had any trick or treaters yet but plenty of fireworks, hooch is a quivering wreak already.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 07:23 PM
we've got a few fireworks going off and lily is not happy at all. she keeps going to the back door and boofing at it looking all anxious poor love. i wish they'd ban them too.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 07:25 PM
yes we have the same, loads of fireworks going off, my dogs hate it and i have a baby in the nestbox

i think they should be banned!!!!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Been going off all evening here. I was worried as this would be my girls first experience of fireworks. Luckily Tilly just barked for a bit and Bo ignored them, which is great. I do feel sorry for the dogs that are terrified of them though.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Thankfully Dougal isn't bothered (needless to say), the cats get kept in on November 5th, there hasn't been any round here yet thankfully.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 08:09 PM
We'd fireworks going off last night and again tonight. I suppose since Halloween falls on a weekend there will be more parties going on. Thankfully the dogs haven't taken much notice so far.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >