Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2005, 09:06 PM
I'd much rather be at work!!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
I do not even waste time thinking about those two!!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2005, 11:49 AM
To be quite honest, I don't think it's really anyone's business whether they get married or not! Whether CPB is called Queen or not is not going to make any difference to the price of petrol or how much milk we put on our cornflakes! Call her Queen or the Empress of Dungheap, she'll still be Mrs. Chuck Windsor at the end of the day!

As for any "objections" from the C of E, I think it would be better employed getting its own house in order first!

This is just another media frenzy - desperately trying to drum up interest in something that doesn't matter to Joe Soap at all! Take a moment to consider - in normal times, how often do you actually think about the Royals? Right - not very often, eh? If the monarch was still empowere to come to your house with a bunch of guys in tin suits and shout "Off with his head!", then it would be a matter of concern, but as they are but a bunch of figureheads, it's of no consequence at all.

Just relax in the knowledge that they are probably too old to do any more breeding!

Snorri
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2005, 11:51 AM
"Just relax in the kn owledge that they are probably too old to do any more breeding! "

Yes Snorri - we must be thankful for small mercies! I repeat my previous post :smt015 .
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2005, 12:04 PM
I must confess i'd feel very uncomfortable if I were one of the boys

All that discussion on affairs, possible murder etc and then dad marries her............
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2005, 12:05 PM
I used to live in a town called Elgin when Chuck was apupil at Gordonstoun, a few miles away. We kids used to get thrown out of the town swimming pool every time he wanted a dip! He wasn't exactly popular with us!

Snorri
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Sponge
It is farcical(sp).........well at lest the horsey faced marriage wrecker cannot be queen....

Send them all into exile or to the Tower ok William & Harry can stay

yvonne
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-02-2005, 01:48 PM
If he wants to marry her he should abdicate!!!
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-02-2005, 02:13 PM
I really don't give a toss about any of them, they don't even enter my head to be truthful. I remember being in the pub when Princess Diana died and some woman got on at me for not being upset. But as I explained to her, any young woman dying in that manner is sad and I felt for the family, but it had no real effect on my life because I didn't know her, and what I saw of her on TV didn't impress me much.

If Prince Charles and this woman want to marry, fair dos to them - does it really change anything in the great scheme of things. I couldn't tell you the first thing about the Royal Family, so who is king/queen and who they are up to no good with, really doesn't interest me.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Must confess I did like Diana-
probably because she came across as human with the way she hurt and did things when she realised she had lost Charlieboy
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >