Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 08:39 PM

McAfee have just taken money off me!

I am FURIOUS I have McAfee security and it is due to expire at the end of May. For the last couple of months they have been pestering me to renew early, which I have ignored. The other week they calmly informed me that they had renewed it anyway, and deducted from my credit card!
HOW DARE THEY!!!!!
I emailed back telling them to make an immediate refund as they had no business doing that.
Nothing heard until just now...when I get a receipt for the money they have taken!!!!!
You may be able to imagine the email I have just sent them......
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 08:57 PM
i would sue them tbh - that's disgusting

cc
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Contact your credit card company and tell them that you didn't authorise this transaction then they should chase it up for you.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Agree with the above very naughty of them
sprocket
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2006, 11:57 PM
hi guys

just bit ov advice as i work for major cc company keep all emails or correspondence sent to them as you will need to provide this in the declartion form they need you to sign to charge it back to the company.
Macaffee ,and internet stuff like that is classed as a RTI a reccurring trans instruction similar to a direct debit we always adv to contact the merch first as you must inform them they are not permitted to trans from your card.

hope this help excuse spelling ......tired
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2006, 06:21 AM
Ooooh Deccy - I can only imagine how you must feel about this. I would be spitting blood! Go get 'em girl!
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Bloody outrageous!!!! How dare they do this. I should imagine the e.mail you just sent them is virtually unprintable on a family site such as this.I know mine would be.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Macaffee ,and internet stuff like that is classed as a RTI a reccurring trans instruction similar to a direct debit we always adv to contact the merch first as you must inform them they are not permitted to trans from your card.
Yes I understand that, I work for an insurance company that does the same with car renewals, but we do warn people first before we do it to give them time to cancel. In this case, I had already told them that they were NOT to renew and they were NOT to deduct from my card, which they arrogantly ignored. I have all the emails filed, my credit card company is very good as I had a problem with undelivered goods before and couldn't get hold of the Company, they were very good and once I had filled out the claim form it was sorted out straight away.

McAfee won't read my email until tomorrow I guess, as their admin people work conventional office hours and take weekend and PH's off but I will tell my credit card company in the meantime so at least the form will be on the way, and McAfee will have a couple of days to respond.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 07:30 PM
i nearly had a similar problem with norton.
i bought a norton package for £70 odd quid, and a yr later they emailed to say it had run out and i would need to pay for the following year! bloody cheek considering i already paid for the package, i should have to pay to keep it.
so i uninstalled it , then reinstalled it, and it was fine for another yr
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-05-2006, 07:33 PM
let us know how you go..........
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >