View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Hmm... it's because they're rodents, Christine.

The best I could do would be to offer to board someone else's for them temporarily but I doubt she'd go for it tbh... I have thought about it.

I'm wanting to sit down and have a chat with her but since yesterday afternoon, her friend's been here and I wouldn't dream of asking her in front of visitors and putting her on the spot, not to mention the fact he's a real pooh stirrer!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 01:19 PM
If you know anyone who keeps rats maybe you could persuade her to have a visit and see them in a properly cared for environment?

Maybe make her watch ratatoullie? (That was a joke guys! )
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 01:21 PM
omg lottie you sound exactly like me!!!!!!!

it was like this when i was pursuading my mum about the puppy

i have 3 dogs,(soon to be 4), 3 hamster and a horse

the dogs - my mums choice - apart from millie which i begged for, but when she saw them she couldnt resist!,,

the horse - well seeing as my last horse almost killed me, i sat on tuscan and all my fears vanished, i didnt need to say anything, i love my ponio, so she bought him - i still owe her money off him

the hamsters - harry (rip little guy), i passed my driving test in november, 2 weeks later i was at pets at home and saw this mingin little orange fluff ball, so i bought him, rung mum at work, oh btw we have anew member of the family - at the time it was honey, but the vet told us differently

then the 3 russians - same again - i just brought them home - "look what i got mum!!"

her face went like this hehe!!

then harry died, sadly, he was about 3 - good for a syrian - no more hamsters, getting a puppy soon, which btw my points about getting a puppy - she agreed!!

so you gotta see it from their side, as it s rats, personally wait till shes at work, then go get them, set them up etc etc - and there ya go, if its in your room what can she say???

i told my mate to do this with the snake she wants, i dont think her mum would be best impressed!!!!

im a legend at bring pets home!!!! no more after this dog though!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm with Mahooli on this one.. ... if you were my daughter, you would be begging me not to have anymore pets too dog/s, rabbits and guineas... Of course hun, if you were mine I'd let you have as many as you could look after and care for... as long as I didn't have to clean them out... sorry its the tails I dont like
Has your mum read any books or looked online at rats? I'm no fan, but I know they are brilliant pets for the enthusiast...
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Suze... my mum would go mental!! She went beserk when I brought home a fish without asking!

Plus, as much as I don't think she'd make me take them back, I'd hate to be responsible for homeless ratties just because I went and got them without permission!

petticoat, no - she hasn't read any books, and when I've showed her things online, she's just seen the picture before reading and said no!

I think I may have to get her watching one of the rat training youtube vids, that may make her change her mind...

Personally, I don't want to get them just yet. I've been very disorganised the last few months and I need to prove to myself that I will have time for the little critters and will keep the place clean before I get any... so I'm not rushing it but I do want to speak to her so that she can be thinking about it...
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Fab news!

She said we'll see how I go with keeping up my commitments and responsibilities and keeping things clean and tidy until my room's been redecorated because 'we can't do anything before then anyway' and then if I keep it up, we'll look at getting me a couple of ratties when my room's been done!

She wasn't unreasonable at all she sat and listened while I told her how much they'd cost on a regular basis, what I needed to consider, how I'd go about boarding them, why I wanted them and how I'd fit them in and her only problem was that she'd already told my sister no more animals.

That said, my sister is the complete opposite to me, she is not in any way responsible for any of the animals we have. Eddy's supposed to be her's but she's not interested in him at all and she never ever feeds the cats so why should I suffer because of her?! (which my mum also agreed with).

So... I'm going to hopefully have a couple of rat girlies in the next couple of months!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Great news Lottie, what ever you did worked, just remember to keep up your side of the bargain, and you should have your ratties

I still say you should go and stand in the corner
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 05:04 PM
lol Christine!

I am hoping to keep up my side of the bargain, for myself as much as my mum. I like being tidy and it keeps me motivated, doing the housework!! It's just I only have to be feeling off one day and it knocks me out of sync for days after and I can't get motivated!!

My sister's kicked off because she 'wasn't allowed a hamster'. She then said 'well I don't want one anymore' - so it just goes to show it's a good job she didn't get one

Right... I'm off to hoover before mum's friend comes back (again) for dinner

TTFN
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

06-01-2008, 05:38 PM
That's great news hun, glad your mum has agreed that you can have some cute little ratties
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Aw, I have only just caught this thread, we have had three boys over the last few years, who sadly have passed on now but we all loved them, they were amazing pets, knew their own names, one of the boys used to curl up and sleep on my lap, they are very affectionate and clean animals. And we have just become proud owners (actually my daughters birthday present after months of nagging) of two little fawn hooded girls, Mia and Riah. They are tame already and go around the house on my daughter's shoulders. I will have to take some photos and work out how to put photos on here.

Good luck Lottie, they are lovely animals and you will become very attached to your girls, I promise!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >