Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 06:17 PM

A perfect solution?

Hi all

More opinions please....

I have been in touch with Ruby's previous owners who sympathise hugely with us on our problem and they have very kindly offered to take Ruby back and find a new home for her on our behalf (they have lots of connections in the dog world)

I am now so torn as it means Ruby will go sooner rather than later.

Should i take them up on their offer or find a home myself?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Can she not send the new owners to you........then you can meet them

Had a similar thing today....see my thread, only my cat had done some damage to a wrinkley....
AKitaChi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-07-2008, 06:33 PM
I personally would take her up on the offer. She obvioulsy knows the score & will make sure Ruby gets the best home. After all she did choose you right . From your point of view aswell the longer you hang onto her the harder it will be to let her go. hope this helps. No matter what you are making the right decision.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Can she not send the new owners to you........then you can meet them

Had a similar thing today....see my thread, only my cat had done some damage to a wrinkley....
We live a fair distance apart, i know she would find a good home!

Originally Posted by AKitaChi View Post
I personally would take her up on the offer. She obvioulsy knows the score & will make sure Ruby gets the best home. After all she did choose you right . From your point of view aswell the longer you hang onto her the harder it will be to let her go. hope this helps. No matter what you are making the right decision.
This is what i am thinking, it means Ruby goes sooner, before i change my mind and i will know where she is and i know only the best home would be found for her.

I just feel i am passing the buck when it should be my responsibility to find her a home
AKitaChi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-07-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't see it as passing the buck at all. All I see is a caring owner doing the right thing. The lady offered & if you feel she will find Ruby the right home that's all that matters.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 06:42 PM
I hope you don't mind my opinion, but i personally would find one myself. Otherwise she will have to up root to one home and then to another when one is found. Or have i got that wrong, if i have sorry. See if she can help put someone directly intouch with you and then you can see if you like them and where she would be going.

good luck,
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2008, 06:42 PM
I think Ruby's old owners deserve a massive pat on the back for that, not many would do it. Whenever you do it it is going to be extremely hard and emotional for you, so the sooner the better really. They must care very much about her to volunteer themselves in that way, what lovely people!!!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
I hope you don't mind my opinion, but i personally would find one myself. Otherwise she will have to up root to one home and then to another when one is found. Or have i got that wrong, if i have sorry. See if she can help put someone directly intouch with you and then you can see if you like them and where she would be going.

good luck,
That is a very good point, thank you

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I think Ruby's old owners deserve a massive pat on the back for that, not many would do it. Whenever you do it it is going to be extremely hard and emotional for you, so the sooner the better really. They must care very much about her to volunteer themselves in that way, what lovely people!!!
I agree, i was actually worried at what they would think but they have been so supportive and i cant thank them enough for what they are offering to do.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
We live a fair distance apart, i know she would find a good home!

This is what i am thinking, it means Ruby goes sooner, before i change my mind and i will know where she is and i know only the best home would be found for her.

I just feel i am passing the buck when it should be my responsibility to find her a home
If you trust them to find a good home for her then go for it. How is it passing the buck to allow them to use their contacts in the dog world to make sure she gets settled with the right people in the shortest amount of time? You have done nothing but take your responsibility to Ruby and your other pets very seriously.

I've been following Ruby's story and I feel for you both, but to be honest I think this will be harder for you than for her. She'll go to a home where she can relax and not be hyped up by the prospect of a cat chase, she'll be loved and well cared for, I hate to break it to you but I'm sure she'll be fine! It's you I'm worried about!

Good luck to you both,

J
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
personally i wouldnt trust any one else but thats just me!
also i would be worried about the moving from yours to theirs to a new home can be verry unsettling...

alex
xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >