View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Selkie is afraid of guns and loud bangs which as we live close the the MOD firing range can get interesting. She didn't used to be but we met a very irresponsible person once who fired a cap gun at her and she has been spooked by both guns and loud bangs ever since. She is also afraid of marching bands and drums, we discovered this when we took part in a street parade, she would pull me off into shop doorways. Poor thing. We hung back to the end of the parade far enough away from the band and she was fine.

Pharaoh was afraid of thunder and fireworks, but is getting better as he gets older. He still has a complete and irrational terror of Mum's electric carving knife though and will hide at the bottom of the garden as soon as it comes out of the drawer, he's never had a bad experience with it and we've tried feeding him tidbits of the meat, but he can't bear to be in the same room as it even for treats.

Kismet hasn't shown any fears yet, except loud teenagers and kids, and the neighbours. She is completely freaked out by his head over the fence and won't let him touch her if we meet on a walk. She hates him. (Me too, she may pick up on that)
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Inkas scared of the dark and strong winds oh and traffic when he is on the side of the road the traffic comes from behind him...hes a big woose
Toro, I haven't found any thing yet shes scared off shes a wee minx
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Monty at 10 weeks - absolutely nothing but watch this space, lol.
MC
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-12-2008, 10:09 PM
The vet coming at him with a needle
Spirit_Storm
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-12-2008, 10:37 PM
spirit (a siberian husky) does not like the hoover and seems a nervous dog but will stand her ground with her pen mate or kitchen buddy storm an 8 stone Alaskan Malamute who is a fantastic looking dog with a personallity to die for with a desire to pull me down the road just for the sake of it
Usually a sunday... I love sundays...
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Hoover/Broom/Mop etc

(thinks theyll eat him!)

People who dont look like people (LOL) Eg, balaclavas, big hoods, fancy dress etc.....

cats, haha. hes friends with ours but any others are big angry monsters.

my mobile, on loudspeaker if u put it anywhere near him with the other person talking he runs and hides, phoneobia?

my dads didgeridoo (sp?) the long things u blow...he hates it soo much.

lots of things, i cant think of !
DalaiMama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Archer is not really scared of anything I can think of. He does hide under the bed when I tell him he has to have a bath, stinky boy

Rosie was terrified of fireworks but we have bird scarers going off all day nearby and she has been in the fields while they were going off, it seems to have helped her to get used to bangs. The first firework night I had her she tried to climb on a shelf in the bookcase and dig her way through the wall. She is much more laid back now.
06dcc.brigdenh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2008, 02:36 AM
Fireworks, crackers, training clickers and people arguing.
herbiedog
New Member!
Female 

09-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Herbie is scared of fireworks too also loud noises..

We had a lot of trouble with fear aggression but have really worked hard with him and he is so much better....

He will chase bikes for some reasons so have to keep a look out when out with him
esmegirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-05-2009, 05:59 AM
Lola is scared of old ladies!! Makes me laugh, but she goes mental whenever we walk past a lovely old dear, and also walking sticks and the walkers with wheels that a couple of the old ladies around here have..
I don't know why though....

Esme, not much! she doesn't like the hoover/hairdryer/sneezing/doorbell, but wouldn't say she was scared, she just goes off on one and can't stop her barking!!
Page 14 of 29 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »