Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 11:53 AM

A Peaceful Walk Turned Into Anger

Hi yesterday we went out for a walk by the river,my first really long walk for ages,we used our poo bags,but the bin hadnt been emptied and was alive.
We still had the poo bags and was going to dispose of them at home,anyway got back to the car,a note was left,saying we hadnt picked up,My OH saw red,as if people say things like that to the wrong people it carries a rather hefty fine,my OH scribbled a note and despite me telling him to leave it,he put the note on the persons windscreen and left te poo bags by the front wheel of the persons car.Why cant people mind there own business,it was obvious that the only bin was full as people had left full bags next to the bin,so an enjoyable walk was spoil by a spiteful busy body,we even saw a kingfisher with a fish.Gemini54
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 12:10 PM
We always "stick and flick" Gemini - I wonder what these nosey idiots would have said then!!

I think your hubby was very restrained - mine would have been MUCH more abusive!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Gnasher - with Bella's tiny dry 'peanuts' I can 'kick and flick' most of the time when on scrub or rough land (even wearing flip flops!) (A far cry from the steaming land mines my bigger dogs deposited!) But for the 10+ years of her life my last GSD bitch absolutely WOULD NOT POO anywhere other than at the bottom of our garden. OK with the peeing when out but she'd hang on forever to get home for a poo! And we spend a lot of time on and by the river as we had a canal boat - but would she 'go' anywhere when out? Nope!

I don't understand the post really. If OP was carrying full poo bags around with them - why would anyone be saying they didn't pick up after their dogs?

And how did they know who left the note if they didn't see them do it? Hope they haven't left doo poo by the 'wrong car'!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Gnasher - with Bella's tiny dry 'peanuts' I can 'kick and flick' most of the time when on scrub or rough land (even wearing flip flops!) (A far cry from the steaming land mines my bigger dogs deposited!) But for the 10+ years of her life my last GSD bitch absolutely WOULD NOT POO anywhere other than at the bottom of our garden. OK with the peeing when out but she'd hang on forever to get home for a poo! And we spend a lot of time on and by the river as we had a canal boat - but would she 'go' anywhere when out? Nope!

I don't understand the post really. If OP was carrying full poo bags around with them - why would anyone be saying they didn't pick up after their dogs?

And how did they know who left the note if they didn't see them do it? Hope they haven't left doo poo by the 'wrong car'!
Aren't they funny! Ben will only "go" on a hard surface like a pavement or road, which is unfortunate because we only ever walk them on fields or in the woods! They all have their little quirks!

My 2 doo doos are large and firm and lend themselves beautifully for flicking where appropriate - not sure how I would cope with little pellets!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Aren't they funny! Ben will only "go" on a hard surface like a pavement or road, which is unfortunate because we only ever walk them on fields or in the woods! They all have their little quirks!

My 2 doo doos are large and firm and lend themselves beautifully for flicking where appropriate - not sure how I would cope with little pellets!
You master the art of a nifty 'side swipe' with the edge of your flip flops lol!

Yes they are funny and it's over stuff like this that I really do sometimes wish I knew how their minds worked!

It's a doddle with the tiny Ayatollah nowadays. She goes at the same time - partway round the morning walk - every day. Never when we've just got outside - always after about 10 minutes and if we take the same walk - always in almost exactly the same spot! As she only 'goes' once a day this makes it great for taking her all over anywhere else with you for the rest of the day and evening coz you know she will not be needing or taking a poo anywhere you'd rather she didn't!

Oh and (lovely subject this isn't it lol!) she always has her BIGGEST wee AFTER she has had her poo!

*I doubt I will ever fathom her passion for only hiding dog treats or biccies she DOESN'T LIKE and won't eat under cushions and behind stuff. I keep them to give to other dogs (but if she can get one away from them she will and will hide it). One thing's for sure - when you've got a dog or dogs - no day passes without you having a smile and a laugh!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi yesterday we went out for a walk by the river,my first really long walk for ages,we used our poo bags,but the bin hadnt been emptied and was alive.
We still had the poo bags and was going to dispose of them at home,anyway got back to the car,a note was left,saying we hadnt picked up,My OH saw red,as if people say things like that to the wrong people it carries a rather hefty fine,my OH scribbled a note and despite me telling him to leave it,he put the note on the persons windscreen and left te poo bags by the front wheel of the persons car.Why cant people mind there own business,it was obvious that the only bin was full as people had left full bags next to the bin,so an enjoyable walk was spoil by a spiteful busy body,we even saw a kingfisher with a fish.Gemini54
that's just as bad if not worse than someone putting a note on your car to tell you to pick up your poo.

Why on earth would you leave YOUR poo at someone car.

Bit of irony there, you moan because the someone tells you to take your poo home, you are affronted by that message, yet then go and leave your dogs poo for someone else to pick up
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2013, 02:19 PM
I too am confused

1. How did they think you didn't pick up?
2. How did they know it was your car?
3. How did you know it was their car?

If it was their car you left it on though, fair play to your OH
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Tutt Tutt, two wrongs don't make a right you know. And like other's have said, the car you left the note and poo next to might be some innocent peoples car, so could have ruined their nice day out too. I would never lower myself to do such a thing. But each to their own as they say!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Rosie is exactly the same, we can be out for hours and she will wee anywhere but always waits till she gets home and goes at the bottom of our garden to poo
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi it was very busy yesterday,and there is a little place for fire engines to stop and get water,the chap who does the car park saw my blue badge and let us in there,there was one other car,but that was there when we arrived,we believe maybe wrongly, that the car in question belonged to a fisherman,did ask the man in the car park,but he couldnt tell us,as not only fishing but also a ice cream van is there most of the day,other people usually walk because they are visiting,didnt see anyone else with dogs,you do if you go before eight.Mine are big dogs so normally large,but I was speaking to my neigbour,its a renowned beauty spot,and there has been some anti-dog,but he reckons if they maintained the bin,or have a few more,other folk using the river wouldnt get riled about dog owners leaving there bags all over the shop Gemini54
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >