Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2011, 04:17 PM

A petition against beagle farm

Taken from the many tears website ..

A planning application has been lodged by Bantin & Kingman (B&K) to build a replacement beagle farm in Yorkshire to breed and supply beagle dogs for vivisection. If permission is granted, many thousands of beagles will be imprisoned in kennels onsite to be sent on to laboratories. We originally had a link on our site to ask people to sign and many did and the Planning Committee of East Riding Council rejected the proposal.

B&K has appealed to the UK's Planning Inspectorate against its rejected application. Please help BUAV ensure that B&K's plans to build a breeding farm supplying beagles for research do not go ahead. If you think your signature will not make a difference please read below and then sign.

Research on dogs is highly controversial, for both ethical and scientific reasons. Great suffering and cruelty is intrinsic in the breeding and use of dogs in research. This is in addition to distress caused by the confined and unnatural conditions in which the dogs spend their whole lives. B&K's application states that the dogs will have no outdoor access - at no point in their short lives will they be able to experience fresh air or indulge natural behaviour like smelling grass. In 2010, 5,782 experiments were carried out on 3,727 dogs in the UK. Dogs in British laboratories are largely used in poisoning tests both for human and veterinary drugs, as well as for agricultural chemicals. Dogs can have substances dripped into their eyes, be fed agrochemicals, or force fed chemicals and drugs in capsules or via plastic tubes inserted through their mouths, directly into their stomach. Some experiments involve rubbing a test substance into exposed skin, as well as infusion studies where the dogs are strapped into a harness for hours at a time while substances are pumped directly into their bloodstream. Animals can suffer adverse effects that result in vomiting, diarrhoea, weight loss, lethargy and organ failure. Some dogs may become so ill that they either die or have to be euthanised on welfare grounds. Those who survive are killed at the end of the text and their bodies dissected.

CLICK http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/sav...3MWMEJ,1I8EG,1
TO SIGN THE PETITION
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2011, 04:20 PM
I really cant believe they still use beagles for testing ..
I didn't think i was that naive...
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-09-2011, 05:18 PM
I know it is shocking i have afriend on [a social network] who has opened my eyes to be honest i've stopped looking at the pictures she has sent of the dogs that have been experimented on it's barbaric and heartbreaking.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Ok, this may be really obvious... but, I can't figure out how to sign it I thought once I logged in, I would see it... but I still don't...
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2011, 08:03 PM
By the looks of it the petition is closed and we cannot sign it anymore
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by taz_in_2001 View Post
By the looks of it the petition is closed and we cannot sign it anymore
I did not check ..lol