Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
No way will i be watching this, or reading any threads on it tomorrow! - what with my Zeke spending lots of time in hospitals nowadays

I heard that they smack a Shar pei over the head as he's struggling, just come round from his op and having his catheter taken out
Well that's helped me make up my mind. Thanks for telling me. Incredible and how necc' is it to show it I wonder?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Yes their Is a clip where they smack the dog over the head after It coems out of an OP.. Its on part of the link - scroll down and click ' ALSO SEE Undercover vet 'trainee' sees dog hit'.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I will be watching it (and probably alternately screaming at the TV and crying). I think I would rather watch and learn and then hopefully something can be done to stop it.

Nice to see your views on it too Ally, having worked for vets etc. I am sure whatever is shown tonight will be the minority of vets, not the majority. Well, I hope so!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
Thankfully, never worked for or registered our pets with Medivet.
For as long as I can remember Medivets have had a bad name! When I left the wildlife hospital I was applying to alot of vets for a student VN placement and one of the Medivet branches happened to be one I contacted. All the vet nurses at the wildlife hospital told me that I should stay well clear from them.. I was offered a place, confirmed In a litter .. and then about a week later they withdrew my placement for some one that could drive.. sending me another letter telling me they kept me on file...
Must say the vet nurses from the wildlife hospital were more than pleased that I wouldnt be working for them.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Has anyone read this on the Medivet website

http://www.medivet.co.uk/news_view.asp?id=112
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Posted about this a few days ago.

I'll definitely be watching it. It's one of these programmes that is extremely difficult to watch, but at the same time I feel that I have to watch it.

There was a Radio 2 discussion today about it as well.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Panorama has turned into a TV equivalent of the red-top press since this new woman took over, so I won`t be watching as I know it`ll be a programme designed to shock and cause outrage, with very little point to it other than to get ratings.
A few years ago Panorama programmes were excellent pieces of journalism. Now they`re all about Shock!! Horror!! in nice easy soundbites.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Panorama has turned into a TV equivalent of the red-top press since this new woman took over, so I won`t be watching as I know it`ll be a programme designed to shock and cause outrage, with very little point to it other than to get ratings.
A few years ago Panorama programmes were excellent pieces of journalism. Now they`re all about Shock!! Horror!! in nice easy soundbites.
But the content IS shocking and IS outrageous and I'm glad these people have been exposed. Even if their faces will be covered!

I understand the vast majority of vets are absolutely fantastic but as with everything, you always get the rogues and these rogues should be bloody well outed! Even if it does take a very shocking television programme!
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Surely that is the point to show people how bad these clinics are? I know it won't make nice viewing and I for one will have a full box of tissues to hand, but viewers must remember that these instances are rare thankfully and the programme is being shown to warn and shame the culprits who I am sure have already been dealt with by the BVA. As for hitting a dog to get it out of anaesthetic haven't they heard of Antisedin which is the antidote (for want of a better word) for Proprofol the commonly used anaesthetic? Slapping around the head is wicked and downright bullying.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
My landlady apparently stars in the beginning, and if you saw what my landlady does to her dogs!!!!!
Becky
I've saw the pictures on fb.. Disgusting!

I'll be watching but not sure if I will tonight because mum doesn't like the look of it. If I'm having another sleepless night tonight then I'll watch it online!

Recently we changed vet because they are alot more experianced with guinea pigs. Last time we had anything to do with the old one was when Cheeko went in for surgery in his ears. Since he came out and had his front legs shaved he will not let me brush or dry them I told them to be gentle on him because I'm 99% sure a groomer has hit him but I don't think they listened
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »