Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

22-07-2010, 11:20 AM

A Panorama Special: It Shouldn't Happen at a Vets

BBC One, Thursday, 22 July at 2100BST (9pm tonight)

Looks like it's gonna make us angry

Panorama sent a reporter undercover for nine months to work as a trainee at one of the country's biggest veterinary chains.

During her time at Medivet, the reporter found evidence of inexperienced and unqualified staff carrying out medical procedures.

Here, she and a colleague - a fellow trainee - attempt to help prepare an Irish Setter called Yogi for an operation.
See clip here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/fr...00/8828881.stm
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Im in two minds whether to watch it. Im intrested in what goes on, but after seeing/ hearing thing from advert on tv and newspapers I may be sickened and reduced to tears!

Sad to hear these things go on when many of us pay good money for treatment to help out beloved pets, and then get treated like dirt at vets.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Having worked for 4 vets and luckily only witnessed one bad incident which was a South African vet who having opened up a 6 month old kitten and found him riddled with cancer then THREW the cat onto a side worktop and then proceed to neuter a dog - his excuse was that he wanted to get off and couldn't do anything else with the cat until I had spoken to the owner. Myself and the other nurses reported him to the BVA and the Head Office (I ran an RSPCA Clinic at the time). Sadly, the cat had to be PTS'd but it was the indignity that he was such a lovely cat and had been thrown like rubbish which still riles me now.

As for this programme, I will try to watch it and put a professional head on like when I watch The Bionic Vet. Thankfully, never worked for or registered our pets with Medivet.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2010, 12:16 PM
I have seen the trailer on tv not sure if I will watch or not.

It will worry me if I have to leave Ollie at any time.
supercrip765
New Member!
Female 

22-07-2010, 01:38 PM
I have just gone on to the www page and seen 2 incidents of mistreatment and I cannot put into words how I feel... iI am in the middle in a course of treatment for my dog and she also has heart problems which requirs long term treatment and it has made me think twice about vets and I questioned my vet carefully about what goes on in the practice ..I also went on to the medi vet sight and they are saying they being unfairly treated but form what I have seen just one episode of mistyreatent should be enough to close them down I hope tomorrow after the programe has be aired they lose all there clients...
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 01:43 PM
I will be watching It for defo! I like to know what goes on, If nothing else It can give people an Idea what to look out for and to questions!.

Im happy with our vets! and have seen the whole hospital One of dogs had been left over night before and he was fine, seemed to think It was a great hoilday and loves going back for check ups
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 02:17 PM
I've been wondering all week if I want to watch this and I must admit I found the clip VERY upsetting. I think what I need to do is to work out what I will/want to get from watching it. I can't think of anything just yet.

Poor, lovely, placid Yogi. What a total gentle giant he was. Love him and hope he recovers well.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm in two minds whether to watch it or not. The trailers I have seen with the abuse of those poor animals - if those were my animals I would be doing things to those responsible that I don't think I should disclose on a public forum!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 02:57 PM
No way will i be watching this, or reading any threads on it tomorrow! - what with my Zeke spending lots of time in hospitals nowadays

I heard that they smack a Shar pei over the head as he's struggling, just come round from his op and having his catheter taken out
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 02:58 PM
My landlady apparently stars in the beginning, and if you saw what my landlady does to her dogs!!!!!
Becky
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »