Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Day 24....

To be fair I have not had Tess all day or the other 3 as I went to my son's at Stourbridge to help him move 5 tons of bricks and rubble from the end of his garden ( We found a newt under the rocks too )

Leaving here at 8 this morning and getting back at 7, and we worked in the pouring rain but it all got done, job finished

Got back and Patrick tell me Tess has been fine, except for one accident in the house.......bless her cotton socks.

All seemed fine, foster son tells me that a baby rat was dead by the back door......so out I went to move it and it wasn't there.........both men folk reckon they haven;t moved it

Went to see to Onion (chicken) who the menfolk told me didn't seem well her crop seemed blocked, massaged that and she was promptly sick all down me Oh the stink
All four dogs eager to help.........Bruce had to have a wash down outside as he walked underneath just as she heaved up

Got back indoors, sat down and one Puppy lovingly sat by me, head resting on my shoulder ......when suddenly she started to heave and heave and heave, then gulped, then heaved again and before I could manage to grab her to get her outside she loving deposited it all in my lap

No it wasn't food or poo or grass or the usual rubbish that she manages to eat....................................
It was one whole baby rat, not chewed up, no marks on it, just very wet and whole I jumped and screamed baby rat and sick going everywhere, Pat jumped up and Foster son jumped up.........did they come to my rescue did they hell they ran into another room

someone remind me why I had this pup

Good job we love her
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 06:13 AM
Ewwwwwwww Steph!!!! OMG I feel sick just reading this

Your going to have to watch that madam like a bloody hawk And poor Onion on top of everything else, what a lovely end to a busy day, bet that's all you needed

Still it could have been a lot lot worse, re, the rat thing, not going there otherwise I WILL be sick

You gotta love that girl lthough, what did Bruce and Skye do when Tess threw that up?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Ewwwwwwww Steph!!!! OMG I feel sick just reading this

Your going to have to watch that madam like a bloody hawk And poor Onion on top of everything else, what a lovely end to a busy day, bet that's all you needed

Still it could have been a lot lot worse, re, the rat thing, not going there otherwise I WILL be sick

You gotta love that girl lthough, what did Bruce and Skye do when Tess threw that up?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Morning hun....I couldn't tell you as I was too busy trying to sort myself from a sicked up rat
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Urrrgghh. What a lovely end to your day.

Don't you just love the way both Onion and Tess save it all until you get home!

As for the 'men'....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Steph don't know what too say. Caught up from where I left off a while back, what a challenge Tess is but sounds so adorable too.

Had me in stitches.

The rat thing well I just don't know what I would of done ?

Jumped around a lot and screamed I think which in turn would of probably made Tess think a game was too be had.

You are doing brilliantly with her.

I do worry for you sanity in the long term though.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2010, 11:14 AM
I love reading about Tornado Tess, I sit here laughing my head off. As others have said this would make a great book, it's the best I've read so far.

I take my hat off to you, I really admire you for the way you cope with patience and humour and have such a feeling of relief that I was never tempted to get a pup for myself, as I know I could never cope as well as you are doing.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Ewwwwwwwww!!!! Oh Tess is really something else!!! Steph you have the patience of a saint although having been up at 3am cleaning runny poo off the kitchen floor, I feel I am a fully paid up member of the yucky collie club too!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Urrrgghh. What a lovely end to your day.

Don't you just love the way both Onion and Tess save it all until you get home!

As for the 'men'....
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Steph don't know what too say. Caught up from where I left off a while back, what a challenge Tess is but sounds so adorable too.

Had me in stitches.

The rat thing well I just don't know what I would of done ?

Jumped around a lot and screamed I think which in turn would of probably made Tess think a game was too be had.

You are doing brilliantly with her.

I do worry for you sanity in the long term though.
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
I love reading about Tornado Tess, I sit here laughing my head off. As others have said this would make a great book, it's the best I've read so far.

I take my hat off to you, I really admire you for the way you cope with patience and humour and have such a feeling of relief that I was never tempted to get a pup for myself, as I know I could never cope as well as you are doing.
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Ewwwwwwwww!!!! Oh Tess is really something else!!! Steph you have the patience of a saint although having been up at 3am cleaning runny poo off the kitchen floor, I feel I am a fully paid up member of the yucky collie club too!

Im very confused now............. she's been lying by my feet for at least an hour.......quiet

I don't like this I am uneasy about this ummmmmmmmm she maybe quietly sleeping but we can not be sure of what shes dreaming about
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post

Im very confused now............. she's been lying by my feet for at least an hour.......quiet

I don't like this I am uneasy about this ummmmmmmmm she maybe quietly sleeping but we can not be sure of what shes dreaming about
its not yet 10.30pm - give her another hour, she'll be wide awake and looking for something to entertain herself with
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Hope she's ok Steph, little minx xx
Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 >