View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 09:03 AM

Strange experiences - vivid smells (ghosts, spirits etc)

Ok, spurred on by Jackies thread and also out of sheer curiosity, how many people here have experienced smelling strange smells in their house at odd times?

A few weeks ago I woke in the middle of the night to smell roast beef cooking, and I swear it was like the smell you get when you walk into a kitchen just before the roast is ready, it was so clear so very strong and I actually got up and checked the cooker in case I had been sleepwalking But nothing, I went outside (with Ben) to see if neighbours were cooking midnight feast and nothing. I could not get the smell to go, I wasn't scared there was nothing else just this roast beef smell.

When I spoke to a friend she said its a common phenomenon and she has awakened to smell burning toast and also cigarette smaoke when she and her young son were the only ones in the house and also she has experienced "seeing" cigarette smoke when noone there.

She says it is a spirit trying to make contact to give you a message and its nothing to worry about but to take comfort from it. Thing is I, thankfully, havn't had anyone pass for a number of years.

Just wondered how many people have experienced this and what your views are?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-01-2009, 09:30 AM
I experienced something strange in the months after my cat was pts I used to be wakened up in the night with the sound of him walking around in the kitchen. Star could also hear it as she would get up and see what the noise was If it was my imagination why did Star wake up

This lasted a few months, then Finn was born. When he came home he walked into the house as if he had been here before going into all my cat's favourite places

Coincidence or not I have no idea but its nice to think he came back as Finn
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2009, 09:53 AM
My cat went missing in November and hasn't come back he was old.
I have my previous dogs ashes in a casket in the living room and if you open it there is a smell to it, not unpleasant (to me anyway), and a few days after Bruno went missing I could smell this smell very strongly and I haven't opened the box for a good few years.
I have also smelt cigarette smoke in the house neither of us smoke and the boys have left home and use to smoke in the garden. It doesn't frighten me strangely enough.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 01:34 PM
I was walking down the stairs once and good a good whif of one of my friends, who hadn't been in the house for weeks... Came into school the next day but she hadn't died
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I don't get smells really, well apart from wet doggy smell and they are very much alive LOL.

My house is alive with spirits though. My daughter Charly has taken photos of orbs and spirit people in here. They are fine though as they know they can only go so far before we would get mad with them so apart from hiding things and sometimes gathering around us they don't really bother us that much. Charly quite likes them but if they hang in too close she will tell them where to go LOL.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I don't get smells really, well apart from wet doggy smell and they are very much alive LOL.

My house is alive with spirits though. My daughter Charly has taken photos of orbs and spirit people in here. They are fine though as they know they can only go so far before we would get mad with them so apart from hiding things and sometimes gathering around us they don't really bother us that much. Charly quite likes them but if they hang in too close she will tell them where to go LOL.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Changed my mind about posting.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I just read that and I must say its a lovely story, really heartwarming. xxx
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Why? Is it scarey.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 08:33 PM
It scares me just talking about it but love watching Most Haunted and Crossing over with Jonathan Edwards. I don't know if I believe or not, would love to see a medium. (a good one)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >