View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 05:45 PM

High pitched whistle - humane dog training aid?

I don't know what to make of it, it's rather a strange idea in my books and I won't be using it or purchasing it either.

This simple device attaches to any leach or collar and emits a high pitched whistle when the dog pulls on the lead. Along with the walker's commands, the dog soon learns to behave, with results in as soon ad 2 - 3 days! Suitable for dogs up to 45KG
What ever happened to patience and proper training. And how is a high pitched whistle humane?

Stupid thing.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

07-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Dog's hearing is more sensitive than humans - I would not use such a device as it may damage the dog's ear drums and is possibly going to be painful (ever had someone shout in your ear? It HURTS!).

Never seen those before so thanks for bringing it to our attention.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Dog's hearing is more sensitive than humans - I would not use such a device as it may damage the dog's ear drums and is possibly going to be painful (ever had someone shout in your ear? It HURTS!).

Never seen those before so thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Your welcome..tbh though, I said to my OH's mum who told me about it, Louie doesn't pay attention to me, squeaky voiced or otherwise, toys or food when on a lead, I doubt a device like this would ever work with him, he'd ignore it or learn to and he certainly wouldn't respect it. Plus he is being whistle recall trained - so it would just make that a lot harder.

Some people love making money at any cost don't they - it's shocking.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Oh how gullible some people must be!
BTW - if you want a less intrusive sound, a well know dog trainer has invented `The Jingler`http://www.doglistener.co.uk/products/products.shtml whick works on the same principle.
Of course, you could always stick a couple of budgie bells on your lead and give it a trial run........

Oh, but imagine walking down a crowded street with a high pitched whistle going off all the time.
paulandfloyd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post

Oh how gullible some people must be!
BTW - if you want a less intrusive sound, a well know dog trainer has invented `The Jingler`http://www.doglistener.co.uk/products/products.shtml whick works on the same principle.
Of course, you could always stick a couple of budgie bells on your lead and give it a trial run........

Oh, but imagine walking down a crowded street with a high pitched whistle going off all the time.
Thanks for the link.

I've seen this in use on VideoJug.com; http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-...o-walk-to-heel
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by paulandfloyd View Post
Thanks for the link.

I've seen this in use on VideoJug.com; http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-...o-walk-to-heel
Excellent! Now we all know there we`ve gone wrong! Our leads aren`t 5`8"
Dang! I`m the wrong height to train dogs.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Stan Rawlinson is a self rightous prat! I can't stand him. I saw he wrangle those stupid jingles onto a puppy that was terrified and only stopped when he realised it was making him look bad, I have no doubt if it had been in private he would have forced them on the dog. Such a pompous plonker I have never met!