Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 10:13 PM

More Than? More than taking the pee

Our house and contents insurance is up for renewal so we thought we'd have a ring round for quotes.

More Than are doing free contents insurance at the moment right?? Well good luck if you can get them to insure your bloody house first!

Apparently our house is now on a flood plain even though we're not close to a main river at all. The only river that is close would need to have 365 days of constant rain to even get close to our house. Our home survey that was done a year ago says we're not on a flood plain. Rich has lived in this town since he was born and its never flooded.

Needless to say we told them to stick their quote. More than my a**e!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Our house and contents insurance is up for renewal so we thought we'd have a ring round for quotes.

More Than are doing free contents insurance at the moment right?? Well good luck if you can get them to insure your bloody house first!

Apparently our house is now on a flood plain even though we're not close to a main river at all. The only river that is close would need to have 365 days of constant rain to even get close to our house. Our home survey that was done a year ago says we're not on a flood plain. Rich has lived in this town since he was born and its never flooded.

Needless to say we told them to stick their quote. More than my a**e!!
It may well be MoreThan's way of saying "we don't want to insure you", without giving you the legitimate reason? The same way some car insurers give you a ridiculous price for your car insurance, that's basically their way of saying "we don't want your business"!

Just a thought.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Apparently they said they'd had too many claims for floods in our street. I know its not the best area but i think thats pushing the morals of our neighbours too far!!

Not fussed if they don't want my business, they won't ever be getting it. And next time they send me one of their junk mail letters i might post it back with a "Monty gift" in it!! Lol