Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
This sounds great Saffy!! Would love to hear how things go. Best of luck xx
Well great news. The GSD no longer see's the puppy as a threat. The pup is now able to walk freely around the house (Supervised by me and the bitch bully) without the GSD wanting to attack him.

The GSD is now just showing him his place and what's acceptable behavior. I have to say the puppy can be a bit too brave and tries jumping on him. Kasier hates that and has told him off a few times. Do I intervene, or just let Kaiser put him in his place?

The bitch is a great nanny, keeping an eye on them both, and getting in between she she's not happy with something.

The puppy doesn't quite get the ranks of it all and how to behave around him, he's slowly learning. He doesn't mean no hard, but being left to his own device 24/7, he really has no manners and dog etiquette.

Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Saffy View Post
Well great news. The GSD no longer see's the puppy as a threat. The pup is now able to walk freely around the house (Supervised by me and the bitch bully) without the GSD wanting to attack him.

The GSD is now just showing him his place and what's acceptable behavior. I have to say the puppy can be a bit too brave and tries jumping on him. Kasier hates that and has told him off a few times. Do I intervene, or just let Kaiser put him in his place?

The bitch is a great nanny, keeping an eye on them both, and getting in between she she's not happy with something.

The puppy doesn't quite get the ranks of it all and how to behave around him, he's slowly learning. He doesn't mean no hard, but being left to his own device 24/7, he really has no manners and dog etiquette.

This is such great news Saffy. No, don't intervene, sounds like Kaiser knows what to do without going OTT. The nanny bitch will soon put HIM in his place if he does go OTT. The little chappie will soon learn his manners, and it sounds like he is a long way down the road already. Well done you and your pack!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Good to hearthey may be improvements

A few tips:

Give huge praise to your gsd when he is calm, when he makes the right choices (ie not attacking) and when he is just being "good". This shows him what you DO want. So often we focus on the negative - how to stop a behaviour - but don't give the dogs the help they need to learn what is acceptable.

Allow the gsd to tell the pup off but only gently, no actual attacking or drawing of blood or anything like that.

Also, and this is very important, make sure that the gsd has a place he can go to rest up and have time away from the pup as he will probably need this if pup is a typical playful youngster

Few adult non related dogs can cope with a full on puppy 24/7 and mustn't be expected to

Wys
x
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Kaisers the General. He never puts a foot wrong with me so is always by my side and being praised, loved and told how gorgeous he is. He's my boy!!

Yes, definitely I have time out for the pup to give everyone else a rest including me! lol

Can't believe that the pup is asleep next to him...wow, Im the dog whisperette! lol

Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
This is such great news Saffy. No, don't intervene, sounds like Kaiser knows what to do without going OTT. The nanny bitch will soon put HIM in his place if he does go OTT. The little chappie will soon learn his manners, and it sounds like he is a long way down the road already. Well done you and your pack!
I'll get some pics up as soon as I can... Someone told me that you have a pack when you have 3 dogs and not 2. Is that true hon?

xx
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Kaisers the General. He never puts a foot wrong with me so is always by my side and being praised, loved and told how gorgeous he is. He's my boy!!

Yes, definitely I have time out for the pup to give everyone else a rest including me! lol

Can't believe that the pup is asleep next to him...wow, Im the dog whisperette! lol

Excellent!

Wys
x
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I'll get some pics up as soon as I can... Someone told me that you have a pack when you have 3 dogs and not 2. Is that true hon?

xx
Dunno! I think I would say 2 or more personally, but others may have different viewpoints?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 12:29 PM

Kaiser sounds like a real star! Such good news re the little guy - it sounds like Kaiser knows what he's doing, and won't go OTT, fab news you DW you!!
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Excellent!

Wys
x

Thanks xx
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2011, 01:00 PM
some dogs, just dont get allong, and never will,and you can work with them all you want,fell like you are getting somewhere,and then you find out it did not work at the dog expence,fight,injureies,quality of life for both dogs goes down...can you turn your back and hope all is good..just a though!i try to introduce slowly and walking them together may strengthin a bond,and rewards of course ...unfortunatly an older dog can do damage to a pup that is not excepted just buy saing no to them..im going through this now with a pup who is getting lessons from the others ...there just ruff with the pup,but my #1 is taking the in stride....they seem to get allong better when they are on the move, my pup is just now getting out of the jumpy stage and there all getting better with the pup everyday...and i hope iv done a good job with my 3 others........time and effort let hope it work out..good luck...
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >