View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 01:59 PM
I've seen peeps put a couple of desert spoons in the dogs dish to slow their dogs down while they are eating.It does work a little,xxxxxxxxxxx
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Well I'd certainly change his diet for a start. Fresh is always good if you can or a good quality food such as fish4dogs. Parsley can help reduce odour added to the food or failing that you could always try...

"A company called Flat-D Innovations, Inc. is selling a thong for dogs designed to make farts smell better.

Dubbed, "The Dogone", it's an activated charcoal cloth that traps the foul smelling odors from the passing wind.

It's washable and reusable. It uses elastic straps for flexibility, and suspender clips to make the thong adjustable. They also provide quick release when its time for poochie to do its business."

I kid you not!

Happy stink free New Year to you
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by amykf3 View Post
arctic.wolf, what skin complaint did he have and what is the fish and potato diet? Is it just as it sounds?

The vet thinks he had an allergy, the vet treated him for other things without much sucess but we didn't find out what he was arllergic to, and the vet won't test him as his skin is good now. She will only test him if his skin flares up again.

On the vets advice we started a strict exclusion diet, she said to try him on 2 foods that he had never eaten before, this was difficult as he is a rescue dog, so we hadn't got a clue as to what he hadn't eaten before in his lifetime. So we tried him first with tinned salmon and mashed spud for 2 weeks

He is now on Wainrights dry complete Salmon and potato, and I give him cooked mashed spud and tinned and fresh sardines and mackerel, scraps from cooked fish when we have fish, which he loves, and he gets lightly cooked fresh veg.
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Meganrose View Post
Well I'd certainly change his diet for a start. Fresh is always good if you can or a good quality food such as fish4dogs. Parsley can help reduce odour added to the food or failing that you could always try...

"A company called Flat-D Innovations, Inc. is selling a thong for dogs designed to make farts smell better.

Dubbed, "The Dogone", it's an activated charcoal cloth that traps the foul smelling odors from the passing wind.

It's washable and reusable. It uses elastic straps for flexibility, and suspender clips to make the thong adjustable. They also provide quick release when its time for poochie to do its business."

I kid you not!

Happy stink free New Year to you

Well I wouldn't fancy washing it lol
amykf3
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-12-2007, 09:17 PM
The things people invent! That wont get the mick ripped out of her down the park will it?!
I think I'll see how she is in the new year as with humans we all get treats around this time of year and she may have just been getting too many. I'll ask the vet about it at her adolescent assessment in January.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2