View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Oh Bev, nothing is simple when it's one of yours or mine is it!

I know how stressed you must be feeling, but let's try and put your mind at rest a bit here. Firstly, that blood at the end of the bandange. That's probably fluid mixed with blood, because if you remember, he said he'd let that lump he removed drain didn't he, so that's doing what he said it would, i.e. draining. Not to mention the fact that this wound is on a weight bearing part of him, it's not going to be quick to heal with it constantly being aggravated, so the more he lays down the better.

Regarding the wee'ing or the not wee'ing, what time did you actually collect him from the vet? You never know, they could have put a catheter on (do they do that with dogs??? ) during the op so that they don't end up like both of mine did after their ops, when they were handed over to me stinking to high heaven with damp manky coats. Even if they didn't, then he might well have had one before he left. He probably hasn't drunk much at all after an aneasthetic right? Georgie could hold it for England if he wanted to and he has been known to wait longer than this for a wee. The reason he cries when he goes out there is because all his weight is on the part they've been messing about with and it's painful.

He's refusing food because of the aneasthetic aftermath, but hopefully, in a while when that wears off some more, he might actually eat something tasty to get those pills into him.

Failing that, the vet will be open soon and you can ring them and get some reassurance hey? I wouldn't be happy leaving a bandage on for 3 days that was seeping like that for risk of more infection. I had that once with Zena and a cut paw that the nurses had cleaned and dressed, and I took it off the next morning and thank goodness I did, coz it was really manky and would have caused horrendous problems, but don't YOU do that coz yours is different, it's been operated on, you need to ask the advice of the vet about yours.

I remember once my horse had such a bad punctured sole, that the vet ended up taking half his bladdy foot off to find all the infection That was a nightmare and went on for weeks, so I wouldn't be surprised if this foot of Kyiro's ends up needing a lot of your nursing aftercare Bev, but keeping him off it will help enormously so that it has a chance of healing whilst the weight is taken off it.

I'm hoping things will have changed by mid-morning, so please let us know how things are going Bev, you must be exhausted.xxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Well I think as it's desperate measures anything that he swallows would help, maybe a couple of the sticks will give him the lining his tummy needs, or perhaps one stick will get his taste buds going and then he will eat some proper food. Definately worth a try.
Your right Sheree he needs something to get his taste buds going so I will try it.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh Bev, nothing is simple when it's one of yours or mine is it!

I know how stressed you must be feeling, but let's try and put your mind at rest a bit here. Firstly, that blood at the end of the bandange. That's probably fluid mixed with blood, because if you remember, he said he'd let that lump he removed drain didn't he, so that's doing what he said it would, i.e. draining. Not to mention the fact that this wound is on a weight bearing part of him, it's not going to be quick to heal with it constantly being aggravated, so the more he lays down the better.

Regarding the wee'ing or the not wee'ing, what time did you actually collect him from the vet? You never know, they could have put a catheter on (do they do that with dogs??? ) during the op so that they don't end up like both of mine did after their ops, when they were handed over to me stinking to high heaven with damp manky coats. Even if they didn't, then he might well have had one before he left. He probably hasn't drunk much at all after an aneasthetic right? Georgie could hold it for England if he wanted to and he has been known to wait longer than this for a wee. The reason he cries when he goes out there is because all his weight is on the part they've been messing about with and it's painful.

He's refusing food because of the aneasthetic aftermath, but hopefully, in a while when that wears off some more, he might actually eat something tasty to get those pills into him.

Failing that, the vet will be open soon and you can ring them and get some reassurance hey? I wouldn't be happy leaving a bandage on for 3 days that was seeping like that for risk of more infection. I had that once with Zena and a cut paw that the nurses had cleaned and dressed, and I took it off the next morning and thank goodness I did, coz it was really manky and would have caused horrendous problems, but don't YOU do that coz yours is different, it's been operated on, you need to ask the advice of the vet about yours.

I remember once my horse had such a bad punctured sole, that the vet ended up taking half his bladdy foot off to find all the infection That was a nightmare and went on for weeks, so I wouldn't be surprised if this foot of Kyiro's ends up needing a lot of your nursing aftercare Bev, but keeping him off it will help enormously so that it has a chance of healing whilst the weight is taken off it.

I'm hoping things will have changed by mid-morning, so please let us know how things are going Bev, you must be exhausted.xxxx
H, I am surprised you and I havn't got totally white hair all the worry these dogs of our give us.
Your right ours never have anything simple. Look at the long drawn out saga with this foot. Other people would just have a thorn to pull out and end of or something simply removed and carry on as normal, but no not in this house.
I've decided to take him tomorrow for the bandage change then if it seeps again he can go back again on Saturday for another change.
Now he has had a wee and a little drink I feel happier, just need to get that food into him so he can have his pills which will hopefully make him feel better.
I'm shattered, these dogs will be the death of us I am sure but you just can't help loving them to bits and they are worth everything they throw at us. xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Brilliant news he has just eaten half a tray of nature diet and a can of sardines, then came out and ate the small amount of JWB Lily had left . So he has now had his tablets.
I am just so happy and can relax while I am out this morning.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Brilliant news he has just eaten half a tray of nature diet and a can of sardines, then came out and ate the small amount of JWB Lily had left . So he has now had his tablets.
I am just so happy and can relax while I am out this morning.
Oh that is good news Bev..onwards and upwards now eh? xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Goodness Bev what a nightmare.

Glad to read as I read the last post that he has now eaten as well and had his tablets.

Good thing about Kyiro is he won't mind resting which means hopefully that paw will take a lot less time to heal.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh that is good news Bev..onwards and upwards now eh? xx
Yes fingers crossed thats the way we are going

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Goodness Bev what a nightmare.

Glad to read as I read the last post that he has now eaten as well and had his tablets.

Good thing about Kyiro is he won't mind resting which means hopefully that paw will take a lot less time to heal.
You know us Lynn, we never have anything straightforward . Yes resting him is a doddle after Shady and I can do it without a crate!
He did want to laze the day away on the sofa but couldn't manage to get up there, you should have seen the look of devastation on his face that he has to lie on his own bed
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Poor Kyiro. Lets hope the vets have got him sorted now.

Sending him lots of hugs from me and mine and dont forget to give Lily a quick hug too!!
xxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 11:19 AM
I have just got home and he has hobbled out on 3 legs and had a wee . Never thought I would be this thrilled to see a dog wee
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Lol Bev, we'd all be the same after what you've been through all night! Glad to hear he's on the mend now, walking about, eating, sleeping, wee'ing, that's all you can hope for isn't it, and now you just want that blooming foot to heal properly as it should have done before. All the best Bev, you need a very long lie down now dontcha!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol Bev, we'd all be the same after what you've been through all night! Glad to hear he's on the mend now, walking about, eating, sleeping, wee'ing, that's all you can hope for isn't it, and now you just want that blooming foot to heal properly as it should have done before. All the best Bev, you need a very long lie down now dontcha!
I do need a long lie down but he is obviously very uncomfortable and everytime I try to sit on the sofa or even lay on the sofa all I get is his pitiful crying. I just hope he settles tonight as I am fit to drop, and I have a long very busy day ahead of me tomorrow.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >